| CHAPTER THIRTY ONE |

The rest of the week goes by quickly. Clay stays with Logan and I for the week and we all dad as dad told us and head out at different times. Mainly to get food and for Clay to train. I've noticed an unfamiliar blue Subaru sitting across the street a few times. Each time I see it my whole body breaks out in goose bumps and the hair on the back of my neck tingles.

On Friday June and Brad both text and apparently they're both too sick for school but are well enough to come to the fight. When June arrives at my house she looks like shit. Her nose is running and she constantly coughing.

"Are you sure you're well enough to come?" I question as I'm getting changed and she lays on my bed. "Yes." She coughs. "It's going to be really cold." I warn sliding my arms into my coat. "I'm sure I'll live." June croaks as Clay walks through the door with an equally sick looking Brad. Brad gives me a small smile and goes to lay on my bed next to June.

"Neither of you are coming." Clay orders pulling on a hoodie. "I'm fine." Brad croaks before going into a coughing fit which June follows with her own. "How's your head?" Clay asks raising his voice slightly making them both groan. "Seriously. Not coming." He says. "Just stay here. We'll be back straight after the fight." I say gently grabbing an extra blanket from my wardrobe.

"But I want to see it." June groans but snuggles under the blankets. "You can come to the next one." I tell her patting her head gently. "Love you." She mumbles before falling asleep. "I'm fine." Brad whispers with heavy eyes. "Just go to sleep." I sigh. "Kay. Love you too." He grunts out before rolling over and throwing his arm over Junes stomach.

"Aw. Aren't they cute." I smile before quickly snapping a photo. When I spin around to face Clay he's looking at me with a weird, almost questioning look. "What?" I ask sliding my phone into my back pocket. "Why didn't you say love you back?" He asks picking up his gym bag.

"I hadn't said I love someone since I was 13." I shrug, it's not that big of a deal. As I'm walking out towards the living room Clays large hand grips my wrist stopping me. "What?" He whispers, his eyes burning into mine. "I hadn't said I love you since I was 13." I repeat myself in a whisper. Clay responds by slamming his lips into mine roughly. Our kiss is hard and full of passion and love.

"I love you." He whispers as we pull apart. "I love you too." I smile reaching up to place a soft kiss on his nose. "We should go." I say grabbing his hand and leading him out. "Are you ready?" I ask as he begins driving us towards the old library.

"I guess." He sighs, his grip tightening on the steering wheel. "Did you think about it?" I ask quietly referring to our conversation about him still fighting until the summer. "Yes." He answers shortly.

"And?"

"Can we talk about this later?" Clay snaps. Well alrighty then. I turn my head away from him and focus out the passengers window. I feel tears burning in my eyes but refused to let them spill out. We drive in silence for a few minutes before I hear Clay sigh.

I keep my head turned away from him, even when I feel him place his hand on my thigh. He squeezes my leg gently as he whispers my name but I refuse to talk to him. He snapped for no reason and I'm hurt.

"We're here." He whispers as he pulls the car into the parking lot behind the building. I stay silent as I take my belt off and climb out of the car. I follow Clay through a window and into what I'm guessing used to be a break room.

"I'm getting ready here." Clay mumbles dropping his bag onto a dusty table. "Okay." I whisper heading for the door. "Stay. Please." He whispers as my hand touches the door handle. I nod and move around the room to one of the empty chairs.

Clay changes into basketball shorts and strips his shirt off before sitting in the seat next to me. My eyes follow his hands as he wraps his left wrist and knuckles. When he fumbles with the tape on his right hand I reach over and finish wrapping it for him.