| THIRTY SIX |

By News Years Eve my good mood hadn't diminished. Christmas was amazing of course. I got Clay a spice rack which he absolutely loved. It was actually adorable. "Where are you going tonight?" Dad asks appearing in my doorway in his uniform. "Brads. Why?" I ask putting down my pencil. "So I don't shut it down. I mean to make sure it doesn't get out of hand so you're safe." He smirks.

"Thanks dad." I laugh going to back to sketch. "Just ring me if you need anything. I'm off." He says before I hear his footsteps disappearing. I'm deep in my sketch when Logan appears in my room. "Yo. What time are you going?" He asks throwing himself onto my bed. "Clays picking me up at four." I answer barely glancing at him.

"Do you think he could drop me off at Haydens?"

"No."

"You could've pretended to think about it." Logan grunts. "Or could you drop me off now?" He adds walking over to me. "I'm busy." I sigh. "It's already 3:30. By the time you get back Clay will be here." I jump up and rush to my phone and see it was actually 3:30pm. "I have to shower!" I yell before running off to the bathroom.

I shower as quickly as I can and rush back into my room in only my towel. Clay is laying on my bed playing on his phone. "Please tell me you're early." I sigh slamming my door. "Nope." He smirks putting his phone down. "Sorry!" I squeal dropping the towel and grabbing some underwear. "Logan said you were in a bad mood." Clay chuckles as I stumble into my panties.

"He was annoying me." I grunt pulling out a pair of black ripped skinny jeans from a draw. "He also asked if we could drop him at Haydens." He adds as I pull on a black and silver sparkly top. "I hope you said no." I say sitting on the floor in front of my mirror to do my hair and make-up, and by that I mean brushing my hair and applying some mascara and lipstick.

"I said we could."

I groan and throw the lipstick at my annoying boyfriend. "We have plenty of time." Clay laughs moving to sit next to me. "Brad said we had to be there by 4:30." I sigh deciding to add some eyeliner. "He rang before said he's all set up and the pool is drained."

"He didn't?" I exclaim. "Yup." Clay smiles bumping his shoulder against mine making me mess up the eyeliner. I send him a glare before wiping it off and trying again. "So I was thinking we could go to McDonalds and go eat at the look out." He shrugs, I notice a red tinge on his cheeks through the mirror.

"That sounds very cute." I smirk placing a kiss on his cheek. "I am cute." Clay says rolling his eyes. "Very cute." I agree before crawling to the closet to find some shoes. "What shoes?" I groan. "Those ones." Clay says pointing in the general direction of my shoes. "This is why I need June." I huff before holding up two different shoes.

"The black ones." I say to myself deciding on the black combat boots. "I'll just grab my jacket then I'm ready." I tell Clay standing up and grabbing Junes black leather jacket. "Okay. Let's go." I smile once I'm finally ready. "You look beautiful." Clay whispers stepping forward to wrap his arms around my waist before placing a soft kiss on my lips.

"I love you."

***

Almost three hours later Clay and I are walking hand in hand to Brads. I've never seen his house so full, there are people literally everywhere. "Holy shit." I whisper squeezing Clays hand. He squeezes it back and leads me to the kitchen where he elbows our way to the bench where all the alcohol is laid out.

I grab a half full bottle of Jack Daniels and nod to the door that leads to the outside patio. Clay wraps his hand in my free one and pushes through the crowd until we're outside. "Kenzie!" June squeals the moment we're outside. "Bout time you showed your face." She slurs as she stumbles towards us, clutching a bottle of vodka tightly. "Hey June Bug." I smile taking a large gulp from the bottle in my hands.