step 26- thursgay

Start from the beginning

"Say, Felix, what's happening tomorrow?" Minho asks, sly.

He knows about me moving? Didn't we agree not to tell Minho? I cough. "What? What's tomorrow?"

"Well, do you know what the date is?"

"I thought you and Jisung didn't have any dates" tumbles out of my mouth before I can help it. At Minho's shocked expression, I hastily apologize.

He shakes his head, his shocked expression melting into one of appreciative humor. "No, that was good; you're on the road to being a sassy queen like Seungmin and I. Anyway, Felix, today is February thirteenth."

"How do you know that?" I glance down at my watch, which reads the time and date. And the most recent text message I've received.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, February 13

09:58:46

Text from:
hanttps://wow.jeogiyojisung.com
bruhhhh the two of us are having lunch together to to talk about your living arrangements 🤩
don't argue
be at chipotle at like 12:30 ish
mwah 💋😘

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay, yeah, it's the thirteenth. So?" I raise an eyebrow. "Are you excited that it's almost Friday? Because same, dude. This has been a really long, action-packed week."

"Tell me about it." Minho sighs, defeated. What is tomorrow? I wrack my brain. The nearest birthday that I can think of off the top of my head is Hyunjin's, which is in over a month. I can't be celebrating any anniversaries, nor are there any major holidays that come to mind.

The bell rings, signaling the end of the third period. This is a strange college, indeed. It's structured more like a high school than anything else, but the scheduling is actually quite nice.

I tough out the next couple of classes—my 10:00 class, English, which I share with Seungmin; my 11:00 class, math, in which I'm alone. At noon, I am released and have half an hour to wander about until my lunch with Jisung.

Someone grabs my wrist and pulls me into a small room before my brain catches up to the situation, and I immediately throw the palm of my hand against their cheek in a loud, resounding slap.

Changbin's hands fly to his face as he sputters, curse words spewing out of his mouth.

I also curse, immediately reaching out to see if he's okay. "Changbin, holy—"

"My fault," he interrupts. "Shouldn't have snuck up on you like that." Personally, I couldn't agree more. "Sorry."

"It's okay; don't do it again, though. Got it?"

"Yes."

I stand up and put my hands on my hips, careful not to hit my head against a shelf. The Janitor's closet. It doesn't get much more basic than this. "What was so important that you had to abduct me for?"

"I, uh," Changbin trails off, looking at his feet. "I'm not sure. Just missed you."

The hard glint in my eyes softens as I glance at my watch. 12:07. "I have to be somewhere in twenty-three minutes, Changbin."

Changbin and eye make I contact.

"I can work with twenty-three minutes," he says, his voice dangerously low as he begins standing up.

I grin. "Do your worst."

>>><><<<

"Woah, Felix, looks like someone got into a fight with the wrong people. Either that, or Changbin and you—"