step 16- mongay

^ me, writing it by hand bc i couldn't do anything else at the time. please excuse my kinda messy handwriting.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay, hold up," Jisung says, sitting on my bed. "So Minho and Changbin are gay, too?"

"Yeah."

"And you're not freaking out?"

"Not externally."

Jisung observes me. That's the only way to put it, unless I want to say that he studies me like a dissected frog on the science table. Which is not something I want to say.

He shrugs and goes to my refrigerator. "Do you have mangos?" he asks, rummaging through the fruit drawer. "Aha! I found one. Now, for the peanut butter..."

I want to gag. Who eats mangos with peanut butter? Then, I remember Step Two. Yikes. I also remember that Jisung read the book, so he knows about that horrendous food combo.

"Jisung, are you out of your mind?"

He hisses at me and takes a bite of the poison. "I've already tried this, you know. It was a few days ago, maybe less than a week? I think it was Tuesday."

Yeah, Jisung, that's great. He had the mango-peanut butter thing, and the next day he was insanely sick. Coincidence? I think not.

"Give me a bite." No, I don't want to eat it. No, I don't want to be sick. Yes, I do want to miss school.

"No can do," he says. "It's a delicacy. You'll have to pay."

"You took the ingredients from my kitchen!"

He shrugs and finishes it off. I can practically hear his white blood cells dying.

"So, are you going to Chan's party?" Jisung asks, changbining the subject.

Oops, I meant "changing." It seems as though my phone is still in control of my brain.

"Chan's party? Since when has that been a thing?" I say, moving closer to Jisung. Maybe I'll catch some of his sickness and then I won't have to go to school.

Jisung wrinkles his nose, trying to remember. I think it's kind of cute. If I didn't like Changbin, and if Jisung didn't like Minho, I would elope with Jisung to Las Vegas. I think I've mentioned that before. "Yesterday, I think around noon. He texted the FROG chat."

I shrug. "Nah, I didn't see it. I rarely check the chat, because you and Seungmin spam it so much. Pictures and sentences that are sent one message at a time are a little bothersome."

"Well, you're missing out on some quality memes, bro. Your loss."

No, I don't think so, Ji. But okay, whatever helps you sleep at night. "Anyway, what's this about a party?"

"Oh, yeah! We're getting together at Chan's house this Saturday. At, like, four in the afternoon, because his parents are leaving at three, and he needs an hour to set up. It's gonna be us—we?—these seven kids that he's friends with, and then five of Seungmin's friends. In total it should be about... uh..."

Jisung displays his epic math god skills as he bites his lip and stares at the ceiling. I see his fingers moving and almost laugh out loud. I stop, though, because I realize that I would also need to use my fingers for that.

Eight kids in our FROG. Okay. Eight plus seven is fifteen. Hey, that's almost seventeen! Why is that important? I don't know. Seventeen plus five is twenty-two.

"It's twenty-two people, Jisung."

He shakes his head at me. "No, it's twenty."

Darn, he's right. Why did my brain just randomly start thinking of seventeen? Well, it's okay, because twenty is a nice number too.