XXIII - 𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔠𝔯𝔢𝔱𝔢 𝔧𝔲𝔫𝔤𝔩𝔢

(edited)

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!"

"That Alaric deserves an alibi," Judas Mikaelson stretched his arms over his head and leaned back in his seat. "Figured it was the right thing to do, mother."

Lilura narrowed her eyes, "Well your moral compass called me up at 6 a.m. on a Saturday... in jail, to say the least."

"We knew that we had no right," Elena quickly jumped in, chewing the inside of her cheek. Her cheeks were flushed from the deadly stares coming from both Liz and Lilura, but the latter's was considerably more frightening. 

"No right? You broke the law!" Lilura seethed, slamming her hands on the interrogation table. Elena jumped. 

"Lilura," Liz Forbes gently placed a hand on her shoulder. "I think I'll take it from here."

The siren slowly sat back down.

"She's right," Liz said. "This is unacceptable."

"But, we found something that clears Alaric. It gives him an alibi in the Brian Walters murder," Elena said.

The blonde woman held up a piece of paper. "You mean this?"

"What is that?"

"A letter from the county coroner's office correcting the error in the time of death of Brian Walters. Meredith Fell received it today. She brought it to me several hours ago, full of apologies for accusing an innocent man."

Matt rubbed his red eyes, "Why would she have a copy hidden in her closet?"

"I can't ask those questions, Matt, because the very fact that you broke into her home to find it. Do you know how much I'm already protecting all of you?"

"I'm sorry," Elena bit her lip.

"Well, I'm not. It's a shame officer," Judas sighed, a smirk curling at the ends of his lips. "I've always wanted to be in handcuffs."

Lilura sent him a thundering glare, one scary enough to wet a full grown man's pants. The police woman elected to ignore that crude mark, instead sending the youths all a stern look.

"Just...get out of my office and go home. Please. Alaric will be released as soon as the letter is authenticated," Liz shook her head. "Go."

---- Δ ----

"You think you're quite clever, aren't you?" Lilura tutted, locking eyes with Judas who was in the back seat.

"Yes I do, actually," He grinned.

Elena inched forward, clutching the back of Lilura's seat. "If it's any consolation -"

"Shut up, skank," Lilura sneered. "Thank you for getting Judas in trouble."