“What the hell were you thinking, Jagger?” A male voice yells.

            “Yeah,” a girl says, her voice practically spitting the words. “You risked your safety and ours!”

            “What happened?”

            “Did Jagger get her?”

            “What an idiot!”

            All the voices blur together and I can’t take it anymore. I cover my ears and try to get my eyes to adjust to the dark. When they don’t, I clench my teeth together and sink to the floor, trying to get away from the constant yelling. I feel Bullet lick my cheek and press his head into my neck, reassuring me that everything is okay.

            “Where did she go?” Someone yells, worry in his voice.

            “She was right here!”

            “Get the light!”

            Abruptly there’s a small beam of light, creating a circle on the brown floor. It searches until it finally hits my pale knees and shines in my eyes.

            “There she is.”

            I cover my eyes, my hands trembling in front of my face. The person holding the flashlight charges towards me, not taking the light away from my eyes. His firm hand grabs my upper arm and he roughly yanks me to my feet, not caring when I lose my balance.

            “How the hell did you find us here?” He spits, his worry turning into anger. I open my mouth to speak but no words come out. Not only do I not know what to say, but I feel like I can’t breathe; that the words are choking me. “Well? Tell me!” He shouts. Again, when I don’t say anything, he grunts. He squeezes his grip on my arm tighter and starts to shake me, as if it will shake an answer out of my lips. “How did you know to come here? Did you lead them here? Tell me!”

            “Cole, stop,” someone snaps. Cole stops shaking me but doesn’t drop his hand. “Just give her time to calm down. When I grabbed her she was shivering. She’s probably still in shock.”

            “It doesn’t matter,” Cole responds, his voice lower.

            “We need to know, Jagger,” the girl adds. I still can’t see anyone, but they all can see me from the light.

            “Just give her time to calm down.” When no one moves, I hear who I presume to be Jagger step towards us. “Cole.”

            Cole sighs agitatedly. “Fine.” He drops my arm and steps away from me.

            “The light.”

            Cole mutters something offensive under his breath and moves the flashlight beam to my feet, rather than directly in my face. As soon as the spots go away, I can barely see the three other people standing in the room.

            Cole is only half a head taller than me and has blonde, short hair. It looks like it could hang in his eyes, the way I remember Jagger’s had, but he keeps it pushed as far away from his face as possible. His skin looks tan, at least in this light and he looks strong, like he works out a lot.

            The girl, whom I still have no name for, doesn’t look much taller than me. I’m guessing I’m about 5’1 and she looks like 5’3 might be a stretch. She has dark hair, possibly black, that’s naturally curling over her shoulders. Her face is round and her eyes are big, kind of making her like one of those anime dolls.