24 - PLAN B

BORN TO DIE
PLAN B

MADELEINE FELT COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY HELPLESS

MADELEINE FELT COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY HELPLESS. She hated it. Madeleine was never the best at showing her emotions through, well any means. In that aspect it was what made her such a bad friend. While Bonnie and Elena showed their love through words of affirmation and Caroline did so through physical touch, Madeleine didn't have a good way at supporting people in the way she wanted to. Often she looked selfish or cold hearted when in reality she was trying her best to say she cared. 

In Caroline's time of need, it was the worst time to struggle with this. Madeleine wanted to be there for her but she didn't know how. There was nothing she could say that would solve their problem, she couldn't bake cookies or offer to clean her house because nothing to change the fact that Caroline's mom hated her. 

Madeleine didn't have a mother to compare Liz to but she thought of her father. It would kill her to imagine a world where he hated, a world where he believed that she was a monster like everybody else. It hurt her heart just to think about. 

Amid Liz's detox, their was still a werewolf situation to handle. Madeleine felt guilty about keeping herself busy while Caroline tried to build bridges with her mom. The witch stood in the Salvatore living room with Damon and surprisingly, Jeremy Gilbert. Madeleine had never spoken to the boy before but it seems no he's on team supernatural and he had intel. Jeremy had been cosying up to Tyler and fortunately found the moonstone. One call to a local historian and Alaric rushed over to help. 

"What are you doing here?" Ric asked when he entered the boarding house and spotted Jeremy. Since becoming nearly a full time member of the Gilbert household, Alaric had been hesitant about including Jeremy in the danger. He'd rather that none of the Gilbert's were involved for his and Jenna's sake. It was impossible to keep Elena from this world but he still had a chance with Jeremy. He didn't like that Damon involved him.

"Helping Damon. I'm the one who found out about the moonstone." Jeremy explained as he tried to look confident with his crossed arms and stern expression.

Alaric crossed his arms disapprovingly as he shot a look at Damon who shrugged. It wasn't exactly in Damon's nature to care about whether someone lived or died. "Does Elena know your here?"

"Not exactly." Damon shook his head. "What do you got?"

Alaric pushed down his concern with a clear of the throat. "This is Isabelle's research from Duke. Her assistant sent it to me."

"Mm. Vanessa, the hottie."

Both Ric and Madeleine rolled their eyes. "Do you remember the Aztec curse she told us about?"

"Sun and the moon, blah blah blah. Spellman, over there is the curse expert."

"Aztec curse? Cool." Jeremy stepped forward with naïve intrigue.