Chapter 4: Screwed

Start from the beginning

''What? Why?'' I ask curious.

''He was just so.. intimidating. And not only because of the makeup look. His whole vibe screamed danger. But a sexy one.'' She adds with a mischievous smile on her face.

I immediately blush.

''What? Don't pretend like you didn't notice. You were drooling over him.''

''I was-sn't.''

''And you stutter.'' She giggles.

''Stooop.'' I say shyly.

''I don't blame you. I mean I'm not sure about his face, but the body was a-ma-zing.'' She exclaims.

''Did you check him out? What about the whole danger vibe thing?'' I tease her.

''I did with the corners of my eyes. Besides. It's not like you can ignore an elephant in the room.''

Thinking about it, I didn't pay much attention to his form. I was too mesmerized by the perfect features on his face.

''And how was the elephant?'' I ask clearly intrigued by where the conversation was going.

''Like an actual god. I mean he was at least 1,80 tall, long legs and really built up. I guess he is one of those freaks who actually enjoy going to the gym.'' She sarcastically replies.

''Wow..that's a lot of details for a peripheral vision.'' I keep teasing her.

Athough, I feel excited. Talking about him is like an energy shot to my body.

She throws me a pillow and we both start laughing.

''Do you really not know his name?'' she asks, breaking our laughter.

''No. I didn't ask. I didn't talk that much actually'' I respond disappointed.

''Well that's sad''. I hear her say.

I know.

Suddenly her phone rings. I look at the time. 24:20.

Oh that's not good.

''Yes?'' she answers.

Loud music can be heard on the background.

''What? Mikaela speak louder, I can't hear you.'' Khloe says.

I have a bad feeling over this.

''What do you mean you can't find her. Did you call her?''

I hear mumbling from the other side of the line.

''God ok. Keep calm. We are coming.''

*

''Wait what's happening?'' I ask, while Khloe stands up from my bed, putting on her shoes.

''Zoey is missing. She ran off with some random guy and she is not peaking up her phone. Mikaela has freaked out.''

''I mean that sounds like her'' I mumble under my breath.

''Aren't you going to dress up? Or you are coming like this?'' she points at my pjs.

''Khloe you know, I would anything for you guys, but don't you think we are overreacting? It is not the first time Zoey does something like this. I'm sure she is going to show up tomorrow with a pair of dark glasses and a terrible hangover ''I say calmly.

''Well in any other case I would've agree with you, but Mikaela said she heard some of his friends talking about selling drugs and staff like that. You know what happened the last time she messed with these things.''

My mind immediately travels on our first year in university. When we were just starting to become friends.

We used to go out a lot. Well I used.

One of those nights Zoey got drunk and left with some guy we didn't even know his name. The thing is, that guy gave her heavy drugs she was not used to. I mean we all smoked a little weed once in a while, but that was it. We spent hours looking for her, only to find her passed out in front of the campus. She was unconscious for 2 days at the hospital.

The good thing was, he didn't touch her. The moment she passed out he ditched her, probably too afraid to face the consequences. After that, none of us ever got close to these things. We were too afraid, too shaken.

Well fuck it. We are screwed.

***

I know it's kind of short, but i'm going to upload chapter 5 quickly. The two are connected in a way. 

I understand if some of you find the story boring or you are thinking it is moving slowly. I promise the next chapters are going to be more interesting with a bit of action. I have a lot of plans for Daphne's and Joker's relationship. But i also felt the need to write about her world and the people surrounding her.

I've read many fictions on wattpad. I still do. And there are times i find a great story that i wish it had more character developement. It makes me feel incomplete in a way. And i'm thinking..''Damn why?''.

I didn't want this to happen to my story too. So i hope you understand and stil give it a chance.

I promise it will get better.