Chapter Thirty

~Saturday 23rd March 2013~

The thing Eden was most happy about when sleeping with Malcolm was how well-rested he felt in the morning. He didn't have to take caffeine pills, or any ritually charmed herbs that Arian had given him. He slept wonderfully, and felt so energised in the morning. He didn't wake up, didn't have any nightmares, nothing. And any dreams he was blessed with were filled with beautiful images of his lover.

Eden smiled lazily down at Malcolm who was sprawled on his front over him, his head resting on the boy's stomach. Eden loved when Malcolm fell asleep on top of him, maybe even more so than when he slept in the man's arms. He liked to be able to see his peaceful expression, run his fingers through his hair and feel him smile against his skin.

Malcolm was truly beautiful, Eden had made that conclusion the day they first met. Eden may have been an angel by creed but Malcolm was one by appearance. Eden didn't have the words to describe Malcolm, nothing truly paid justice to him, he was just bewitching. If Eden had to pick his favourite aspect of the man, it would have to be his eyes. He had never met another person with such vibrantly coloured eyes, it was a unique shade that captured Eden's attention whenever he looked at his lover.

Eden shifted a little under Malcolm, wiggling his toes when he felt his right leg starting to go numb, embedding his hand into the man's hair and massaging his scalp. A soft rumble of appreciation drifted over Malcolm's parted lips as he gripped Eden's waist tighter with one hand and stretched out his other arm up under the pillow.

Eden listened intently to the birds chirping outside and the gentle breeze rustling the leaves of the trees above. He hadn't been camping for years, maybe even decades when he thought about it. Malcolm's idea to stay up in Mount Marcy for a few days was one that Eden couldn't refuse. He loved the outdoors and had always wanted to buy a woodland cabin to visit in the summertime. Maybe that dream could come true with Malcolm.

They had chosen a spot next to an expansive lake that Eden was dying to swim in, that would definitely be first on his agenda that morning. Eden had always been a big swimmer too, having loved to go with Audrey when she was younger. He had often gone for day trips with his siblings to the beaches nearby but that hadn't been since Audrey was a child. He almost missed it, until the memories spiked pain within his chest.

"What time is it?" Malcolm grumbled, his voice dripping with fatigue, a subtle frown knotting his brows together. Eden brushed the man's hair back out of his face, smiling down at him.

"About seven," Eden whispered, "go back to sleep if you want," Malcolm shook his head, letting out a slow breath but still not opening his eyes, "if you're really tired, doll, go back to sleep."

"Can't," Malcolm murmured, pressing soft, uncoordinated kisses on Eden's stomach.

"Why?" Eden trailed his hand down to the nape of Malcolm's neck, drawing absent patterns with his fingertips there, feeling the shivers run over the man's body.

"Horny," Eden's giggles bled away to a long groan when Malcolm cupped his balls, rolling them around in his hand lazily.

"Lay on your back, doll," Eden whispered breathlessly, "let me do all the work," after the first time Eden had ridden Malcolm, he knew he was hooked. He took the opportunity to repeat the event whenever possible.

"You can tell me if I'm getting too demanding, bunny," Malcolm said out of the blue as he and Eden sat around the campfire finishing off their breakfast.

"What do you mean?" Eden asked with a small frown, looking up from his phone, having been texting pictures of the lake and their surroundings to Audrey and Lex.