Tesadüf

I've been staring at that damn screen for at least 15 minutes now and still no answer. What the hell is she doing? The wait is killing me ... She is killing me, a bit more each time. I fall deeper and deeper, a bit more each time too.

I decided to cancel the camping trip. There was no way I could stay away from my PC for a whole weekend. Especially not now.

I feel sorry for Gamze though. I was really looking forward to our spending time together and reconnect. I feel lonely ever since I removed Metin and Akif from my life.

I wanted to have some fun with her and that new boyfriend of hers. But Sanem ... Sanem wins every single time. Nobody, nothing can be more important than her.

It's been an hour now and I pace about the office like a lion in a tiny cage.

I can feel it coming. I know her. She's not going to give me the pleasure of responding straight away.

"Well fair and square really Sanem Hanım!"

I mean, I once tore away a letter she gave me. A letter that I never read. I shake my head in disapproval.

How much would I give today to know the content of what her beautiful soul wrote me.

Another classic Divit-the-fool it seems!

2 hours.

3 hours.

I decide to head home as there's no point in staying at the agency.

4 hours.

6 hours.

She will be the death of me.

8 hours.

My eyes are heavy and I'm struggling to keep my eyelids up.

A loud ping wakes me up. I ended up falling asleep. The keys of my laptop are now imprinted onto my right cheek. I purse my lips and rub my fingers on my face with annoyance.

My heart starts to gallop when I spot her name in my reception box. My hands are trembling. I'm dreading her reply. I tighten my jaws and open the message that will get me out of limbo. I close my eyes, take a deep breath and start reading.

_____________________________________

Hi Can,

Yiğit wants to organize a photoshoot back home. I trust your professional judgement. Could you recommend anyone you know?

PS 1: by the way my favourite picture is the second one

PS 2: do you know a good traditional not touristic trattoria in the Pantheon area?

Thank you, Sanem

_____________________________________

Straight away I notice that she has ignored my first mail. I'm disappointed but I carry on. Then my eyes stall. I cannot believe she's taking interest in my work... in me ... She is asking me to send her a few pictures so she can get an idea of whom I need.

She wants food advice too! That's my girl! Always hungry ... I'm such a fool. I could have been sharing "allesso di bollito" with her, feeding her pieces of tender meat, wiping clean her lips from the juicy bites. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I can picture the both of us in the small familial restaurant, laughing and chatting away until there is no one else left but us.

I would have kept her glass full of that red wine that she loves so much, making her eyes sparkle and her cheeks glow. There is no cuter sight than a slightly tipsy Sanem! She would have called me "serseri" and I would have made her twirl in my arms. Then, on the square by the Pantheon I would have kissed her until we both forgot our names ...