Alleyway

2 hours until midnight. The thick rainfall hammered against the pavement and Buttercup's skin, however the girl was calm and walked slowly, in no rush to reach her destination.

She strolled to the beat of the music, her phone resting in her hands, which lay in the pocket of her hoodie playing her favourite playlist. A slight misstep on the uneven path caused her to stumble over herself and increase the volume to max by accident. Once she had quickly regained her balance, she took her earphones out, wincing at the loud volume previously in her ears. But that was when she heard something.

Irregular stomping footsteps sprung from behind her. It didn't take long for her to figure out it was a drunk, no sober person walks in that peculiar way.

Buttercup was conflicted, should she still head home and hope this person wasn't following her? Or should she risk getting lost herself just to lose the person if they were?

On a whim, she pulled up her hood and took a sharp right turn down a dark, dodgy alleyway. It was dungy and smelt like tobacco, but she ignored it and speedily walked forwards, not daring to look back.

The odd footsteps faded and Buttercup felt at ease again. She stopped walking and pulled her hood back down again, only to squeeze her eyes shut when she was shoved up against the brick wall, water spraying up at her from stepping back into a large puddle.

As she opened eyes, she smelt pungent whiskey and sweat, making her gag a little at the nauseating smell. A messed up man towered over her, one hand digging into her shoulder, the other pulling her chin up to look at him.

"My, my, what a pretty thing you are" The drunk man croaked. His hair was messy and tangled, and his jaw grey from unkept stubble. Water dripped down his face from the non-stop rain.

Buttercup leaned back into the wall to keep much distance from the man as possible. "Get away from me, disgusting creep." She said, trying to fight her way out of the man's grip.

"Now, that's not how no lady should talk" His words slurred as he smirked as his fingers traced her jaw.

Buttercup felt like vomiting as the man grew nearer, but his grin soon turned into a face of shock, then unconsciousness before he fell backwards, revealing a taller figure standing behind him.

"Look, I don't want any trouble man..." Buttercup stated as she glanced from the knocked out drunk to the dark figure, raising her hands in defence.

"Well then, you're in luck. Because I'm not either." He spoke, stepping out of the alleyway and back into the little light left.

Buttercup followed thoughtlessly out of the alleyway, relieved to have been saved from the drunken man. "Thank you" she said, causing him to stop and turn around.

The mysterious, tall man was Butch Jojo, which was surprising as he definitely was not known as 'the good samaritan'.

"Don't mention it." He grinned at the girl with a wink, causing her face to heat up a little. And with that he walked off, eith an even bigger ego than before.