The Mafia

I've had this one in my drafts for a while but didn't know whether to post it or not. So I've just decided to risk it for the biscuit.

Just so you don't think Butch is dating this random person called 'Angel', it's his nickname for Buttercup.

We had just come back from a job. We got the money, and got out. "Get the bags to the Boss, we'll be getting our pay soon." I said to Noah, chucking him the bags while I walked into the building with Paris.

"That was close Butch, they almost got us that time." Paris stated, shoving his hands in his pockets. "The plan worked out just fine. We covered our tracks, the police were no where near us"

Slinging my jacket over my shoulder, I left him behind. I was tired and annoyed. Unfortunately, Paris was right, the police did nearly get us. And it would have been my fault too.

By the time it was midnight, I had gotten home, making sure no one had followed me. Home is the place where I can forget about everything, what I'm apart of and what I do. I'm a normal person here.

"Baby!" I hear, followed by the noise of someone running down the stairs. In front of me I see a very tired ravenette. "You really shouldn't be working all these hours." She said, embracing me in a hug. "I know, Angel. But the pays good."
"But isn't it boring? I couldn't stand just sitting all day in a dull grey cubicle." She says.
"My jobs perfectly fine. Now, you shouldn't be up. It's time for bed."
I carry her back upstairs and get changed, joining her in bed. She was already asleep.

I felt bad for her, I'm nearly always lying. For instance, instead of telling her I'm apart of the American mafia, I said I work at an office job.

Before I know it, I'm knocked out asleep.

As I'm talking to Paris about the next job, the sirens in the building go off. "The police!" someone shouts. Shit.
"Back exit. Now." I whisper to Paris. Quickly, we run to the back of the building and went though the secret door, taking out and shooting at a few officers as we went by. There are underground tunnels to exit from down there. Peeking through the grate at the end of each tunnel, we found we were trapped. Officers were on the opposite sides of the doors and we wouldn't be able to take them out through the grate. "We're cornered" Paris states. I grab my phone and start dialing a number, "Luckily, a certain Italian is on a job here. And they just so happen to be around the area."

"Hello?" A voice says from the other side of the phone.
"It's Butch. We're in a bit of trouble."
"Oh per favore. Again? What am I getting from this?"
"We'll discuss payment later. Help." I said before hanging up.
"Are you sure they're coming?" Paris asked, a bit concerned. I ignored him, because I knew it wasn't likely.

But to my surprise, a couple of minutes later we heard gun shots. "That sounds like an expensive hand gun" Paris whispers.
"That's because it is." We hear a voice from behind us say.
"Amber! You actually came." I state
"You called a girl!?" Paris says, shocked.
"Is that a problem? Because I can leave, if you'd like." She said sarcastically.

No one's Pov

"NO! No! No. We are very appriciative of you coming to help us. Aren't we Paris?" Butch says though gritted teeth, elbowing Paris' side. He groaned in pain. "Right then. Follow me." She said. Turning around and following a different route out, as we passed we saw many officers on the ground dead. "How do you know your way around?" Butch asked.
"We know a lot more about your group than you can imagine" She opened a heavy metal door, the light reflecting off it as it moved. Paris and Butch loaded their pistols, "I'll leave you two here then, while I figure out the pay." Amber smiled.
"Do whatever you want, we've got something to sort out."

Buttercup's POV

I jumped as I heard a loud noise coming from downstairs, I was home alone! Stupidly, I crept downstairs to find out what the commotion was and was very shocked to see a random girl in my house, looking through the cupboards. Without thinking I shouted "What do you think you're doing?!" She looked up at me, then immediately went back to looking. "You must be Butch's girlfriend" she said casually. "I am. And you are!?" She paused, as if she was thinking for a moment. "His ...friend." She states.
"Why on earth would he be friends with a thief!?"
"He probably has worse friends-.... Oh cara. He hasn't told you? Has he?"
I had no idea what she was talking about, a bit of her sentence seemed to be in another language. "Told me what?"
"Amica, I'm sorry to have to break this to you, but your boyfriend is apart of the mafia."

I paused, shocked. Who was this random person and why was she telling me the most insane things? Unfortunately, something inside of me told me she wasn't lying.

"This will probably do." She states, shoving Butch's expensive watch in her back pocket. "Hey! What do you think you're doing with that?"
"Miele, I just saved your boyfriend's ass, he's in my debt. Plus, he probably has like 50 others." She said
"Look, I don't know who you are, but you can't just storm in here and expect me to believe my boyfriend is in the mafia."
"If you want proof, I have a recorded phone call. This is his number, this is the recording:"

"Hello?"
"It's Butch. We're in a bit of trouble."
"Oh per favore. Again? What am I getting from this?"
"We'll discuss payment later. Help."

I was speechless. It was him. For 4 years, he had been lying to me about everything. Most importantly was he okay? I wanted to scream, but I kept my cool and calmed myself down.

"If you want, I can shoot him in his leg as payback. It won't damage him perminantley, maybe a few weeks to a month." She suggested.
"Erm no thanks. I'll... think of something myself..." I paused "So how long have you and Butch been apart of the mafia?"
"I'm apart of the Italian mafia, over there we're born into it. But over here, your boyfriend was probably 18-19" she said. "Anyway, I've got what I wanted, I'm off. It was nice meeting you, Amica. I hope you and Butch have a nice... talk."
"Bye..." I quietly said and the door slammed behind me.

Oh, we're going to have a talk all right.

Butch's POV

I walked in though the front door, only to see a mess scattered around the living room and kitchen, cupboards and draws left hanging open. "Angel, I think you have some explaining to do" I joked.
"No. I think you do." she said, slowly walking down the stairs. "What?" I asked her confused.
"This wasn't mess wasn't me-"
"What! Did we get robbed!? Are you hurt!?" I cut her off.
"Let me finish!" She shouted. I didn't say another word. She was mad, and I didn't know why. Normally this doesn't go down too well. "We had a foreign guest come over." She said crossing her arms.

Amber. She was talking about Amber. Why did she come here? And how does she know where I live? I swear that woman is going to be the death of me, if I don't die by Angel's hands first.

"What are you talking about?" I said, doing my best to pretend I was confused.
"Don't play dumb with me! I know about your work, why you come home so late. Everything!" She exclaimed. "The Mafia!? Baby, why the mafia?" She said. She looked like she was on the verge of crying, so despite her flailing and attempts of escape, I hugged her. She burst out in tears, caving in, and hugged me back tightly.
"Shh..." I whispered. "Let's sit down and I can explain everything" with a small nod, she let me carry her to the couch.

So I explained. "When we were 17, I was so desperate for money. I couldn't keep up with the rent, taxes and bills, so I turned to crime. Mostly theft. That was when I met Paris-"
"Paris... as in the one you introduced to me at that club?" She asked
"That's the one. He introduced me to the boss on my birthday. I showed him what I could do and he accepted me into the group. Four years later of work, and here we are now." I finished.
"So... you didn't just join for the violence?..." she asked
"No. Most of us don't. We're all just risking our necks for a bit of cash."
She sighed, hugging me more.
"Just promise me you won't get hurt."
"I promise, Angel."
We sat in a comfortable silence for a minute until I decided to speak up again.
"I guess we have some cleaning up to do." I joked, looking at the kitchen mess.
"I guess we do."

No one's Pov

"Angel! Have you seen my watch?"
"She took it because you were apparently in her debt"
"For God's sake! That was my favourite one."
"So she was right?"
"What do you mean?"
"She said that you 'probably have 50 of them'"
"No, I only have 6 now."
"What!?"