Zryan

I've seen a lot of one shots based on a certain song so I'm going to try it too, hopefully it turns out okay.

Now that I've written this, I've realised that this story is a bit similar to the Golden Compass, in the way that everyone has their own animal.

He was cornered.

It was the middle of the night, Butch had found himself in the tropical rainforest with his back pushed up against a tree, as a deadly-looking black panther approached him.

The panther growled, it's head hanging low. Pushing himself back into the tree as much as possible, he squeezed his eyes shut and turned his head away, hoping it was reduce the pain some how.

"Daniel!" The panther raised it's head, as if it's name was called, from the bushes and palm trees emerged a young girl. Even though they were entirely different species, the two looked similar, with black hair and green eyes. "Leave the boy alone." She said, chucking a great chunk of meat to the hungry panther. It huffed, picking up the meat and taking it to a corner in the trees.

"Sorry about that, he gets quite aggravated when he's hungry. I'm BC" the girl said, raising her hand.
"Right... Er- I'm Butch." He said, shaking her hand.
"So, what are you doing in the forest with no companion?" She asked, the panther making its way back towards the two of them.
"I'm actually looking for him. Now this package is going to be late because he's wasting my time." Butch explained with sigh.
"Package?" Buttercup asked with a suspicious brow raised.
"As much as I'd like to deny it, it is actually quite sketchy. But I'm just doing my job. I get paid and that's all that matters." He said
"So... what is it then?"
"Some sort of potion?" Butch explained, pulling a corked bottle out his bag. The liquid flashed a bright blue as the moonlight hit it.
"I can't waste anymore time then I already have, I've got to find Zryan and deliver this."

Butch carried on walking through the green. "I'll help you look. What species is he?" Buttercup asked, catching up with him, Daniel lingering behind. "Well, er- you'd mostly want to be looking up." Butch said hesitantly, scanning the sky for some sort of sign of his companion.

The two walk while looking upwards for Zryan for what was maybe around an hour. The two had learnt a lot about each other during conversation. For example: Butch didn't go anywhere without the watch his Father gifted him for his 8th birthday, and Buttercup thought it was funny to teach Daniel dog tricks when she was little.

After a while, she could just about see a figure in the nights sky. "What is he? An eagle?" Asked Buttercup, but as the figure drew nearer, she realized just how massive Butch's companion was. "Holy sh!-" Buttercup exclaimed. Huge gusts of winds blew past the trees as the creature landed in front of them. Daniel ran and hid behind Buttercup. "Zryan's a dragon!?" The beautiful creature was covered in jet black scales, although there was a thick line of silver scales that ran from his neck down to his stomach, but the grandest thing about it was it's eyes: they were a light and dark green mix, and shone brightly in the light of the moon. She was stunned. "About time. We're so late because of you!" Butch groaned at the dragon, only to get a huff in return. Zryan leant forward to Buttercup and she put her hand on his cheek "He's magnificent" She whispered, although it was still audible. "It must be fantastic riding him" she said with a grin.

Zryan huffed again at Butch as if talking to him. "What? No way." Butch said 'back' to the dragon. The dragon snorted only to get a sarcastic laugh from Butch "We're already 2 hours late, we can't waste anymore time." He said, gaining yet another huff from Zryan. "You know what? Fine. I'll have to say there were major conviniences." Butch groaned.