I Know.

She was only full of grief and despair in those painful times. She missed him, and carried her guilt everywhere she went. That was until he came back to her.

Buttercup Utonium was a senior at Pokey Oaks High, and it had only been a few months since her best friend had passed away. His name was Brick Jojo, he had gotten into a car accident on the way home from a party, trusting that his friend was sober, and could drive, which they were not and could not.

On Buttercup's first birthday without him, she was surprised to find that she could still see the spirit of him. The two could communicate through speaking aloud or rarely sometimes inside her head, Brick had explained that it was because they had a stong connection whilst he was alive.

Now, Brick could pop up whenever he wanted to talk to Buttercup, whether that was in class or even to wake her up in the morning...

"BC~ Wake up. It's Friday! Hello? Buttercup..."

Buttercup groaned, and rolled over, away from the floating spirit of her best friend. The room went silent again, and Buttercup smirked to herself in triumph, thinking Brick gave up.

"BUTTERBITCHHHH!" Her best friend screamed into her ear. Buttercup whined in pain as she slowly sat up in her bed, holding her ear in pain.

"That's one way to get me up.." The girl complained, putting a hand through her scruffy hair.

"Correction, it was the only way to get you up." Brick grinned, crossing his arms as Buttercup lifted herself out of her bed.

"Fair enough" she yawned, opening the doors of her closet. "Now shoo, I'm about to get dressed."

The two laughed as Brick disappeared from the spot he was previously in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Buttercup walked to school, she pulled her phone out in front of her and put an earphone in her ear. She had learnt through time that pretending to be on a phone call was one of the only ways to communicate with Brick in public without looking like a mad-woman.

"So... what've you got today?" Brick asked, hovering at Buttercup's shoulder level on his stomach.

"History, Maths, PE, English, and then Geography." She mumbled, rolling her eyes.

"Hey, at least you have PE. It's not all bad."

"That's what you think. It's PE theory, not practical."

"Oh God. Good luck." Brick chuckled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buttercup had just finished 4th period and was now heading to the rooftop for lunch. She looked around to confirm no one was there, before she pulled herself up onto the building and onto the roof of the school. As she got comfortable, Brick appeared.

"Come to embarrass me again?" Buttercup laughed with her friend.

"Look, I'm sorry for what I did in the maths lesson. I was just ...really bored?" Brick grinned.

"Yeah, yeah. That was definitely the reason you did that." Buttercup rolled her eyes with a smile.

During Buttercup's second period, Brick decided it was a good idea to embarrass Buttercup by messing with Butch, his brother.

Brick insisted Buttercup had a crush on the boy as they hung out so much before Brick died. He thought it would be a good idea to pester him, and frame Buttercup for it.

Butch and Buttercup sat next to each other in maths and she recently found out Brick could interact with his surroundings.

Brick continued to flick and poke Butch during the lesson. Everytime he did it, it seemed as if it was Buttercup annoying him instead. Brick also decided to kick Butch's chair around whilst he was sitting on it.