The Sister

(I've updated this chapter and have rewritten it so it makes more sense. So this chapter will probably be a bit better than the next few until the quality of the chapters are back to normal again. Sorry!)

It was a quiet day in the gym, if you ignore the occasional sound of weights clashing. There weren't too many people around who Buttercup recognised. That was until a little girl rushed through the door.

She looked about 7 years old, she had long dark hair, which was tied up in a high ponytail, and her dark green eyes glistened as tears streamed down her face.

The little girl ran to the person closest to the door, who happened to be Buttercup. She pulled on Buttercup's workout jacket, and fisted the material in her hands.

Buttercup knelt down to her height, her hands resting on the girl's shoulders. "What's wrong?" She asked her. She could feel the eyes of everyone else in the gym staring at her.

"I'm lost, and I don't know where my brother is!" The little girl wept.

"Okay, do you know where you last were with your brother before you got lost?" Buttercup asked the girl calmly. The little girl nodded but kept quiet, looking up at her with her big, dark, emerald eyes. "Where was that then?" Buttercup asked with a small smile.

"At the park..." The little girl said.

Buttercup began to pack up her things, she stood up, flinging her backpack onto her back and looked down at the girl. "Let's go find him then." The little girl beamed though her glassy eyes and reached up to hold Buttercup's hand as they walked out the gym. They turned and started heading in the direction of the park.

"So, what's your name?" Buttercup asked, starting conversation with the child.

"Adeline..." the little girl stated.

"That's a very pretty name, Adeline" Buttercup smiled, making the girl also smile. Adeline stopped and looked up at Buttercup, gaining her attention. "What is it?"

Adeline raised her hands up in the air, and jumped up and down with a pleading look on her face. "You want me to carry you?" Buttercup asked, an eyebrow raised and Adeline nodded excitedly.

"Fine... You are so lucky I benched 70kg today, so you'll be light as a feather." Buttercup crouched down and before she knew it, the little girl had jumped straight into her arms. Buttercup had her resting on her left arm, with her right arm around her back, securing her into place.

"Can you explain to me what happened before you got lost?"

(Now try and watch me type how a seven year old speaks. I have experience from babysitting.)
"Me and my brother was in the park, but then this man was following us and my brother told me to run and I did. Then I saw you!"

"Right... How old is your brother?"

"How old are you?"

"I'm 18."

"That means he is the same!"

"Right... Why did your brother tell him to run?"

"I think he was going to beat him up."

"What!?" Buttercup's eyes widened, and she turned to look at the little girl, her pace fastening.