I was told that he was taken to an examination room because he woke up this morning and the doctors wanted to make sure that he was okay. I sighed in relief and went to sit on one of the chairs beside the room and took out my phone. I texted Jin, Namjoon, Hyungsik, Jimin, and Yoongi the good news. For the past few weeks, I have been doing my best to brighten up because of Hobi hyung’s wedding, which is a week from today. I did not want to ruin my best friends’ wedding with my lemon mood.

After an hour of waiting, two men in white coats wheel Taehyung in the hallway. I stood up and looked at him. He was looking down at his lap and playing with his fingers. His facial cheeks were slightly pink too. “Hey, how are you doing Tae?” I say it loud enough for him to hear it when he comes closer.

“Jungkook…” he says and I barely hear it.

“That’s me!” I slightly chuckle.

“Yeah I know,” he said awkwardly. And the taller doctor notices because he gave me a weird look, like asking if I did anything wrong, before wheeling Taehyung into the room. I followed them unsure. I was also questioning Taehyung’s tone. I stayed in the far corner while the doctors talked to Tae and did all the things needed to do. When they finally left, the silence in the room became suffocating and severely awkward.

“I… um ...t-t-took the k-kids to d-daycare today.” I sutter to him in a lame attempt to break the strangulating silence. He just nods. Okay did I do something wrong?

“Why aren’t you talking” I blurt out before I could stop myself.

“My throat hurts from not using it in a while.” He says and then coughs. I immediately feel bad for making him use his sore throat.

“Ah… I’m sorry.” I lowered my head not knowing what to do. After a few minutes, I look up when I hear some shuffling and I see this dumbass trying to get up when the doctor clearly told him the bones in his legs are going to be weak for a week or two. “What the hell are you trying to do?” I asked even though his intentions were as clear as daylight.

“Wanna use the bathroom.” he huffed out as he held onto the iron on the other side of the bed and his legs were draped down with his butt sticking up in the air. I said nothing as I was enjoying the cute yet sexy view. After a few seconds of uselessly trying practically yelled at me “Can’t you see I am struggling over here you fool. Stop being so irritable, lazy, and come help me.”

“Stop yelling. You’ll make your throat worse” I said while standing up but before I could reach him he let go and fell on his butt. He looked up and glared at me. If looks could kill, I would’ve dropped dead at that moment. After a few minutes of him glaring at me, he started laughing. I stood there confused while I watched tears fall from his eyes and him clutching his stomach still laughing. It took me a long while to realize he was not laughing, he was crying. I walked over to him cautiously, not wanting to upset him more. 

“Hey, why are you crying? Does your butt hurt that much?” I asked the sobbing adult. He shook his head no and stretched out his hands as if he was asking for a hug. So, I hugged him. We stayed in each other's embrace until his sobbing became hiccups.

He pulled away and said, “I’m sorry for all this. It’s just that I really thought I was going to die. They said I had just a little time left to live and I really thought I was not going to see any of you guys again.” while looking at anything but my eyes.

“What are you talking about? Who said you have little time left to live and why did they say that?” I asked. He sighed.

“Just some heart problems, nothing serious.” He said, waving his hand to dismiss the question.

“Are sure it’s nothing serious? With the way, you were crying just now, With the way you sounded so desperate to not leave this world. There is nothing serious my ass.” I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

“Can you help me up? I still need to pee.” It was his attempt to change the subject. And to think that he would have lost the will to pe with all the crying he did. I helped him up and then took him to the bathroom. I stayed outside while he was doing his business before carrying him back to his hospital bed.

“So do you want to talk to me now?” I said and he sighed.

“The doctors told me that I have a hole in my heart. Because of it, the blood supply that usually flows to my heart contains less oxygen than normal. Are you happy now?” He then proceeded to roll his eyes.

What's up with that attitude? “When did you find out? I mean, how come they did not catch it at birth?” He sighed

“I don’t know okay. So please...please stop asking all these unnecessary questions,” he said irritably.

“Taehyung….” I was about to comment on his last statement when he interrupted me.

“Stop. O my god just fucking stop okay? I hate talking about this! I hate that I’m meant to die at any freaking time and leave you and our children. I hate that I can’t just close the freaking hole. I hate that today or any other day might be my last day. And I also hate your worried and pitiful tone. I just hate every part of this situation. I hate lying on a hospital bed and you staying in the hospital with me instead of us being with our kids who have to go to daycare. And I detest that you broke up with me for no reason at all and think that you have the right to come in here and talk about how you regret leaving!” He yelled out releasing the pent up frustration. “I hate everything so much…” he sobbed.

I was speechless and had nothing to say. I did not know how to respond or what I had to respond to within this situation. I just stared blankly at him.

He looked up at me with expectant eyes and when I said nothing he scoffed out and told me to “get out!” with so much venom in his words. I obliged with his words, almost laughing at how similar this situation was with the story Yoongi told me. I still walked out and left the hospital instead of waiting and letting him blow off his anger. I didn’t learn and I was making the same mistake Yoongi made.

And as I entered my car, all I could think of was ‘What the hell did I just do’.

A/N: Thank you!!!

So tell me how has your day been so far?