Chapter 14

Christmas Eve: 

I woke up on Christmas Eve morning and went into the kitchen to start making hot chocolate and marshmallows for William and I. Although he was still drinking formula and I was slowly letting him try new liquids and soft foods, I decided on a bit of warm hot chocolate for him would be no harm. He was still sleeping so I had time to make cheesy scrambled eggs and pancakes with whipped cream and crushed candy canes sprinkled on top. Later I was going to go shopping with a friend of mine who also had a daughter who just so happened to be around the same age as my William. I met her at my job at the local library downtown. It paid $12.35 an hour and I worked for about 6-8 hours a day so that was $74 to $98 a day or $500-$600 a day which was almost $2000 a month and that was super helpful especially since Florida was expensive and my apartment rent was $1200, my car was $200, my phone was $50, My water and trash and all that extra stuff together was about $200-$300 which didn’t leave me with much. But no matter what I was going to get William a few presents and I was gonna send something to Jason and give something to my friend and her daughter. 

After I made eggs and hot chocolate for me and William, I went into William’s room but he was already sitting up sucking on his thumb.

“Hey bugga” I cood at him.

“Ahh mama” 

“Awh baby” I said as I scooped him up to change his diaper. I put him into a dark green onesie with matching socks and a beanie. I brought him to our tiny dining room and sat him in his highchair.

“We’re having eggs and hot chocolate for breakfast baby” I said as I handed him his plate and bottle filled with hot chocolate. Just as I sat down and stuffed my face with a fork full of cheesy eggs, my phone rang. It was Anna, my friend with the daughter, Mia.

“Hey Anna” I said as I answered her facetime. She had baby Mia on her lap eating a candy bar. The only difference between us was that she was pregnant with her second baby, by a different man, and she was blonde with gray eyes like Mia. “Do you want me to pick you up sooner?”

“No no, I was just checking up on you...and do you want to stop by the nail salon after our shopping spree? I have someone who can watch the kids for up to five hours and you wouldn’t have to pay a single dime” She said in her persuading voice.

I’m not going to lie, that did sound like an awesome thing but since it was Christmas Eve, I wanted to spend it with my son since that's all I had. “I can’t, maybe after the holidays but now that I think of it, do you want to spend this Christmas with us since your parents are out of town?” 

She looked like she was thinking hard for a second before putting on a huge, all teeth smile and said yes. We hung up and finished feeding our kids so we can be ready on time.

When 2pm rolled around, William and I were on our way to Anna’s house to pick up her and her daughter. I was 18 now so I could get my own place but she had just turned 17 maybe three months ago so she still had a little while to go and her parents wouldn’t buy her a car until she was 18. I mean at least they let her live with her, which doesn’t happen too much with teen parents now a days.  

“Hey girl!” I shouted out my window as I pulled up to Anna’s house. It wasn’t too big or too small and it had a huge brown fence around it with a gate that was parallel to the double doors. She had Mia on her left hip pulling on her long blonde hair and a diaper bag, keys, a drink and her phone in the other. I got out to help free her as she hooked up Mia in to the back of my car to the car seat that was already there for her. I had met Anna when both of our kids were 5-6 months and I was new here so she became my first friend. I mean we were literally in the same boat, teen moms, teens, babies, single and we both enjoyed supernatural movies especially Vampire Diaries.