Chapter 8

The police came to Janet's house about 20 minutes later and talked with them about me. One of the officers had told me to go in the car with my brother and at first I was confused but then I seen my baby brother Jason in the back seat of a police car with his nemo suitcase. I quickly got in pulling him into a tight hug and asked what happen.

"The police came to the house and told daddy he was an endangerment to you and me and that we'd have to be put into foster homes and he'd eventually get visitation rights and we can only bring a suitcase or bag nothing else" Jason said and I sat there holding back tears wondering what I had just done. I was ruining my little brothers life. I couldn't go into the system. I'd be ruining Williams life as well and he's not even born yet. I'm so stupid. All types of negative thoughts were flying through my head when some lady in a dark gray blue pant suit came up to the window opening up the police door.

"For a week you two will not be in foster care so be sure to thank Janet's parents for letting you two stay with them. Remember this is only temporary but if all goes well it might be a little longer than a week but go inside and the police will give you more information on your situation and I will be back at the end of the week to see you two be safe and also mam" The social worker looked at me directly. "We'll need to talk about your baby in this situation understand?"

I nodded before helping Jason out the car. We both headed inside and Janet's parents hugged us and set us up for the night, well really Jason because I could just sleep with Janet in her room as always. 

I was laying in bed when Alex texted me.

Alex: Hey Stace I gotta tell you sum

Me: Yes?

Alex: I gotta leave town for two months for some opportunity my grandpa has for me but I'll be back before Halloween I think

Me:........

Alex: Look I'm sorry it has nothing to do with you or even Jace okay? Just an opportunity

Me: Alright  I guess  we'll stay in contact?

Alex: I cant....there's no internet nothing but maybe if I get a pay phone or something Idk I'll see you when I get back, ....bye

I looked at my phone rereading the last message Alex sent to me wondering if he was lying.

"You should get some sleep, we have school tomorrow" Janet said before covering up and turning over to sleep. 

When I woke up it was only 5 so I had time to get an early shower which I did. Alex still hadn't said anything so I assumed that was all he was gonna say to me for two months but oh well I had other bigger things to worry about. A little while later everyone in Janet's house was up and awake. We had boiled eggs and chocolate milk for breakfast before everyone headed off to school or work. I took Jason to school after getting him a strawberry milkshake for a snack at school. Oh well it's never too early for a yummy milkshake.

When I got to school apparently news had gone around that Alex and I had a thing but honestly we didn't we were...friends cause Jace, well I don't know what he would do if we went out not that he should care who I date since he didn't wanna be with me.

"Stacey Rovers please come to the front office" The speaker said when I walked in the building. Of course. Could this day start off any more chaotic .

I got to the front office and there was some short brown girl with tight braids in her hair and big cute hoops. She had on some dark blue jeans and a bright yellow crop top with matching vans. Another girl who looked like the short girl but older was standing by her signing papers. The older one gave me a small smile while the younger one looked at her feet as she played with her fingers. Who was she and why did they call me down here?