"So you're telling me I won't have a job tomorrow if I don't agree to this?"

The phone call is silent for a second until Ryun's voice sounds in your ear, tears welling in your eyes at his response.

"Of course. Our family doesn't like ex family members employed."

Ex family...

That's all I am now...

"You know what Ryun? I would rather starve on the side of the street than keep my job at your filthy company. You better just hope I don't tell how many secretaries your father has slept with this last five years."

"Y/N!-"

"Don't call me ever again Lee Ryun. I survived without you before, and I will survive without you again."

You quickly end the call and shove your phone into your pocket as you quickly step into a rickety old apartment building, an older woman covered in 18+ tattoos greeting you.

"What do you want."

"U-Um-"

"Speak up girl I don't have all night."

"I need a place. How much is your rent."

The woman scoffs and looks you up and down, your pencil skirt attire looking anything but close to the environment.

"Honey I think you're on the wrong side of town. You look like you-"

"How much is your rent."

At this point the sweet mildew smell of the building is beginning to nauseate you as the woman scoffs, her long black nails flipping a magazine page.

"Two hundred will get you a month."

Scary cheap.

You nod quickly and fish the money out of your pocket, your hands dropping it on the dewey wood counter.

"One month."

The woman snickers and slides a rusted key towards you, her bright green eyes sending chills down your spine.

"Guess I'll give you number 7 Hollywood. It's our best place."

You nod and give her a quick bow before going up the skinny old wooden staircase, the matching door to your room with a giant crack in it.

Wow...

Beautiful...

Still better than being under Ryun's ridiculous rule.

When you step into the apartment you carefully make your way to the kitchen, the tiled floors warped and beveled from obvious years of abuse.

Goodness....

Could this even be considered liveable?

The old apartment is decorated with nothing but a ratty couch and a multicolored lamp set directly beside it, the smell mimicking the same as the main lobby as your stomach twist with nausea.

One month...

One month is all I need...

I'll get me a new job...

I can fix this place up..

Your body settles down on the old couch as a tear escapes your eye, the weight of the day finally able to sink in.

The love of my life...

My everything...

Ryun...

Why did you do this to me?

All those nights you stayed up restless with me...crying about the hold your mother has on you...

Why are you giving in now?

Is it money?

Did she finally break you into the mold she's had for all these years?

Your chest aches and you pull your legs to your chest as you begin to bawl, your tears soaking your knees.

I loved you so much...and yet I was worth nothing more to you than the check your mother signs...

You look out the cracked window of your apartment while gazing up at the moon, your eyes sore from crying.

I'll be better in one month...

One month is all I need to get my life back together...

I'll find a job tomorrow and before I know it, all of this will be nothing but a bad dream..

(A/N): a bit of an awkward Chapter, my apologies 💜 the apartment living room is the header photo :)

A celebration for the bittersweet ending of the Love Yourself Era 💜 I can't wait for what is to come and I am lucky to have been a fan for 5 years 💜