| Chapter Two - Inbetween |

One and a Half Years Prior

"No!" You yell, laughing at the man in front of you at the table. Grabbing the water glass, you take a sip before you could choke on your food. "God no!"

"Come on," he says before laughing himself, showing off his body smile and the crinkles by his eyes. "Recreating the moment I started to fall for you sounds perfect, doesn't it?"

"That sounds like an awful idea. Both of us puking our guts out during the same night...again?" You cringe at the memory before giggling. "Wait-"

"We don't have to do the throwing up part!" He looks away, a blush on his face. "Going back to the club where it finally started, you know?" He cleared his throat before taking another bite of his food.

"Tae-" Your face softens and the giggles that were leaving your mouth seize, a seriousness taking over.

"Nevermind," he says with a shrug. "Let's go see the guys and finish the last bit of the song, yeah?"

He shoots you a nervous smile before pulling out his card to pay the waitress, ignoring the questioning glances you keep giving him. He takes your hand in his own before leading you out of the back door and helping you into the black SUV waiting outside.

"Can we please-"

"Not right now," he says with a sigh, looking into your eyes. "Please, not right now."

His free hand reaches up to cup your cheek, rubbing his thumb under your eye gently. You nod once at him, a tightness in your chest. He doesn't remove his hand, and you blush before taking your lip in between your teeth. Something flashes over his eyes before suddenly his lips are taking over for you. The knots in your stomach from the previous conversation untie themselves and are replaced by fluttering butterflies. His tongue glides over your bottom lip, fumbling around until finding its way inside your mouth. He explores every bit of wetness he can find, causing a moan to bubble up in your throat.

Before you even get to take another breath, the car stops in front of the studio. He takes a few deep breaths when he pulls away, widely smiling at you. His eyes are twinkling, and you admire them briefly until you both are ushered inside the building.

"Later, okay?" He whispers in your ear as you stand outside the door where the other members are waiting. You smile at his low voice and walk directly into the room with a blush on your cheeks.

-

Your hands are trembling and tears are threatening to spill from your eyes. The dark bedroom is now lit up by the small lamp on the opposite side of the bed while Tae paces around the room frantically.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He bites the inside of his cheek to refrain from yelling. "Didn't you think this is something I should have a right to know?"

You tuck your knees into your chest before rubbing your hands over your bare face. Silence. You heart races in your chest, and you don't know how to answer his question. Of course, you wanted to tell him, but you didn't know how to exactly bring it up. How to explain the craziness of your life that has yet to happen.

"Please tell me that this isn't true or something, Y/N." He stops pacing and comes to your side of the bed, causing it to dip as he sits. He takes your hands in his. Eyes full of sadness but a fleck of hopefulness shines. "Please."

"I'm sorry," you choke out. "I didn't- I don't..."

"Fuck," he mumbles, dropping your hands lightly and raking his hands through his now light brown hair. "Fuck!"