51

Gale's POV

"What about you? Biggest fear?" Bella asks me and places her head in her hand before staring at me intensely as she waits. I think hard for a moment, like she had, but I can only come up with one thing.

"Bugs." I blurt out and the thought alone makes me shiver. She raises her eyebrow at me and tries to hold in her laughter but ends up laughing at me anyway. "Stop laughing. They are the most disgusting things and I still don't know why they even exist."

"Oh come on Leon, just shoot the ball." I moan loudly and Leon frowns at me before trying to kick the ball and completely misses, causing me to keel over and laugh.

"Stop laughing at me." Leon pouts at me in annoyance before fake punching me causing me to laugh harder as his black hair ruffles in the wind.

"Gale, put in the butter and stop eating the mix." My mother scolds me sternly and I roll my eyes before complying. My brother childishly sticks his tongue out but I ignore him and carry on stirring.

"Sorry mummy, but this is hard." I moan loudly. She sighs heavily and rolls her eyes before taking over.

"I could easily do it." Leon claims proudly and I roll my eyes at him and his attempt to kiss our mother's ass.

"You are such a suck up." I complain before throwing flour at him and laugh at his covered face. Leon smiles before throwing some back at me and we end up in a flour battle.

"Oh for Christ sake boys." Mother scolds us but laughs with us anyway. We all end up in a floury heap on the floor.

"It's more than that." She speaks honestly and I look up, confused as to what she is trying to tell me. "I know that neither of us are good at expressing our feelings and that it's taken me five years to realise it but...I love you Gale Alessandro Santino."

My eyes widen in shock and she looks momentarily worried, possibly worried that I don't love her back, but she couldn't be more wrong. Every time I look in her blue eyes my soul melts. Every time I hear her laugh it is like music to my ears. Her cheekbones, her dimples, her body, her personality. The constant need to be close to her. If that isn't love than I don't know what is. I smash my lips onto hers in the most gentle, loving kiss I've ever had.

"I love you. More than I could ever show you." I speak sweetly before cupping her face and kiss her roughly yet passionately at the same time. A smile spreads across her face and my chest tightens from the overwhelming feeling I have.

My heart is pounding as memories flash in my mind. About my brother, my mum, my dad, Jack, Lily, Bella...Gabriel. Oh my god, I killed Gabriel. I stand up from the hospital bed and start pacing as I remember all the terrible things I've done.

I tortured Bella, killed loads of people, shouted at my friends and killed Bella's brother. All because of my lying father. Punching the wall, I try getting rid of some of the anger but the more memories that flood back, the worst I feel.

Bella. She's still locked up in the house. My father is planning to kill her tonight. I know that I have to go back and get her but how am I supposed to? I can't kill my own father unless I am forced to, but I know that I have to get Bella and my gang back. Now.

"How are you feeling son?" My father asks as he steps into the room. I close my eyes and try to calm myself down. All I can hear in my head is liar liar liar.

"I'm fine. Just a little sore." I speak with a fake smile and my father nods his head in understanding. "Are we still killing that bitch tomorrow?"

"Of course we are. I know you just woke up but let's go home."I nod in agreement with a smile. I know I have to get home so that I can somehow get Bella out and my father locked up without him knowing. I guess he will be enjoying a prison cell for the rest of his life.

We walk out of the hospital and drive back home but I try to cut off every conversation he starts. I still can't believe that this is the same man who brought me up. Oh shit. My mum. She's still living with her sister and has no idea that this is happening. I know she wanted a no-phone-break but I have to get in contact with her somehow and tell her that her husband has gone insane.

The car stops and I immediately get out and walk up to the house. "I will see you later." My father tells me and I nod curtly before going into the empty living room. The fireplace is crackling away, making it the only light in the room as I grab a whiskey bottle from the cabinet.

Sighing, I lean against the fireplace as I process my thoughts but regret opening my eyes again as I see a photo of Leon and I when we were at the beach. His cute face is spread into a big smile as I threw him over my shoulder. That memory makes my heart melt.

I still need to find out what happened to him if it is the last thing I do. I can't just let whoever it is get away with it. Even the thought makes me angrier than before and my glass crushes in my hand.

Grabbing my phone, I dial for my information guy, knowing I have to do something. "I need you to find me absolutely everything you know about the night that Leon died."

"I...I already did sir." He stutters and I roll my eyes in annoyance before drinking straight from the whiskey bottle, not bothering to get another glass.

"Do another one. This time, find out every single person in the area at that time." I order sternly and I end the phone call before he can protest. All I have to do now is get to Bella.

"Oh sorry. We didn't realise you were here." Jack mutters quietly from behind me. I freeze for a moment before turning to find him and Lily standing nervously. Guilt hits me.

"Jack...Lily." I speak softly as a small smile comes on my face and they look at me, confused. It feels like I haven't seen them in ages so I quickly walk over and hug them both tightly, even if Lily annoys me.

"Why are you hugging us?" Lily snaps spitefully before pushing me off of her. I smile lazily at her usual fierceness. I turn to Jack, who stares at me wearily for a moment before realisation hits him.

"Gale? Are you..." He tries to speak but can't seem to make out the words and I nod in response before giving him a proper hug while we both laugh with happiness. I really did miss my best friend.

"I'm glad you're back asshole." Lily tells me with a small smile and a hand on her little baby bump. I step back, remembering all the things I have done to them and other people they love.

"I'm sorry." I manage to choke out and close my eyes to try to ignore the guilt. I feel like I'm breaking apart."I've done so many terrible things to you."

"It wasn't your fault Gale." Jack whispers softly and I turn away from their sympathetic looks. I don't deserve it. "Your father manipulated you. We are just glad you've got your memories back now. How have you?"

"The trauma from the fire and being with Bella must have triggered something and I woke up in the hospital and suddenly remembered." Part of me wishes that I never did. At least I wouldn't feel like a monster.

"Well if I knew a fire would bring back your memories then I would have locked you in a room and lit it on fire a long time ago." He teases me sarcastically and I grin at him, appreciating him like a brother.

"What are you going to do now though?" Lily asks curiously and a smile grows on my face. I know exactly what I want to do.

"I'm going to go see my girl and get her the hell out."