"What are we doing, appa?" Little Joonki asked whilst staring at his father with his doe eyes.

"Praying, my son. To the Moon Goddess, who had always been protecting us and our family." His father replied, smiled kindly at him. They both stood in front of a small shrine, a small box made of pine woods, surrounded with white ribbon, the small silver bowl was placed in it.

"If we pray, the Moon Goddess will granted it? Whatever it is?" His father nodded, placing a gold coin inside the bowl.

"If you pray hard, you will." He said.

"Then I wish that we will be a happy family forever! Me, you, eomma, and Yoonki!" He said while rubbing the two of his hands together.

His mother who stood beside him while carrying a newborn baby on her hand smiled.

"May your wish become true, my sweetheart."

Four years had passed when Joonki's happiness shattered into pieces within a night

"Eomma, eomma!" He screamed while holding the small Yoonki in his arms.

Flame surrounded his house and he was trapped inside the room with his crying little brother.

No matter how hard he screamed his mother had never come. "N-no..." he looked over Yoonki who started to cough furiously, his wolves ears hang low.

"Hold on hyung tightly, okay?" The smaller boy just nodded his head while clutching on his hyung's neck tightly. He buried his head into the crook of his neck.

Joonki sucked in a deep breath before mustered up his courage to ran through the fire outside the room and succeeded. However, when he's about to reach the front door, a huge wood fell from the roof, blocking his way.

Joonki flinched and stumbled backward. He hissed in pain when the fire hit his leg. The young wolf quickly patted the fire with his bare hand.

"Joonki! Yoonki!" His ears twitched upon hearing his name being called, it was his father's voice.

Joonki's head turned to the left and right to find his father's voice and followed him. He saw a window in the living room and quickly marched toward it.

"Appa!" He forcefully kicked the locked window that almost covered with fire with his feet and found his father stood there with a worried face.

He handed Yoonki to his father before jumped out of the window alone.

When he's out of his burning down house, he looked up to his father and just realized how his face was covered with blood, his hanbok was also covered with red, some part of it already ripped, Joonki guessed his father just shifted into his wolf form a while before. There was a small bloody knife on his right hand. Joonki inhaled sharply.