Chapter 28 - So Fucking Formal!

Start from the beginning

"A joint?" he asked with a mix of sarcasm and anger, arching both his eyebrows, and my reddening face was his answer. "No way, go to bed!"

"Please! I really need it..."

"Go to bed!" he growled, almost impressing me.

"I haven't had any today! Please, just one!!" I begged.

"FUCKING GO TO BED!!"

I took a step back, as if his words had had the power to blow me away, but it was only to gather myself back together and pull up some strength. I wasn't going to let go so easily. And I let him know.

"I haven't agreed to anything yet!" I argued, raising a threatening finger that didn't seem to impress him at all. "Now give me my stuff or I'm leaving right away!" I shouted, and he only cocked his head to the side.

"The door's over there, wide open," he replied very quietly, extending his left arm to the side.

Hadn't the man been so mysterious and hadn't he aroused my curiosity, I might have left. However, I needed to know more, I wanted to see what he had to offer, and I thought it would be better to enjoy his hospitality while my body still ached so badly. I hadn't had a smoke since the last one at the park, though, and as much as all the talking and the nap had kept my mind busy all this time, I was in dire need for a fix.

"Please... Sir," I insisted, short of air and trying to control the shaking of my hands.

"Stay here," he sighed after a brief shadow cast his eyes.

I watched him disappear into his office and when he returned, he slid the window open and motioned for me to follow him outside on the terrace.

"There you go," he grunted, handing me a plain cigarette and my lighter. "Don't you dare," he then warned me as I was about to protest and ask for cannabis resin. "That's all you're getting."

"Can't I have my..."

"No, you can't, and you'd better hurry up!"

Needless to say, I barely enjoyed my cigarette since he stayed around, glowering at me and clenching his fists each time I drew a puff. Later, he led me back to the bathroom upstairs, showed me the cupboards with all the necessary toiletries and commanded me to shower and brush my teeth – as if I didn't know what I had to do.

The shower helped to relax, but I still spent quite a few hours lying in bed and thinking about Mr. Vargas' offer. Of course, I was missing details, but he clearly intrigued me. Mysterious... Mr. Vargas is a mysterious man, a charming one at that. Even if I put his good looks aside, I must admit that the man still fascinates me.

Now I am determined to find out more and I only hope that he's in a better mood than yesternight.

With slow movements, I walk out of the shower and wipe myself dry with one of the fluffy towels. As I look in the mirror above the sink, I'm glad to see that my eye is no longer swollen, even if the bruise is still here. I use the disinfectant Mr. Vargas left for me to clean the few scratches, then give the rest of my body a once-over. There are still marks in various places, but these will fade away, and thanks to the painkillers, the aching is rather tamed.

Since I have no other clothes to wear, I put the sweatpants and tee-shirt back on, and head out into the corridor. I can hear low voices coming from downstairs, but as much as I try to remain silent in the large staircase, I can't decipher any word until I reach the dining room. Mr. Vargas is sitting at the end of the table, and his chauffeur is sitting on his right side, drinking coffee while my host is having tea. Another mug is resting on his left side next to a green folder.