Chapter 65 - Compromising

Eclipse Of The Moon ~ Book 1 of Aaron
Chapter 65
Compromising

Friday 26 November 2004

"Aaron!!!" Lina calls out behind me as I am rushing out of our school building.

The frail girl is trying to catch up with me, panting as my long strides require two or three steps for her, so I eventually stop and sigh. If I weren't gay, I would probably find her extremely attractive with her beautiful, tanned skin, her slender forms without being that thin either, her intense and chirpy brown eyes and her silky black hair. I am sure she must be one of these girls who think they're too fat and who don't understand that most straight men like forms. At least that's what the few straight guys I know say.

"Aaron..." she trails off hesitantly, flushing to a bright red. "I need your help... I didn't understand the last lesson at all..."

"What would help is that you stop skipping classes, Lina," I reply seriously. "What's going on with you? We have finals in three weeks."

"I... I don't know... I know I've been slacking a lot recently, but... please... help me..." she pleads, tears welling in her eyes.

"I don't mind helping you, Lina, but you gotta grab your shit together, princess."

"I know..." she breathes out with a high-pitched voice, on the brink of bursting into tears.

"Hey, it's okay..." I whisper, and as I pull her into a tight hug, I also try to remember that she's not one of my bulky friends and mates, so I just allow the necessary strength to convey my support. "I'll help you of course, no problem. But you have to promise you'll be serious on your side too."

"I will..."

"Okay, are you available tomorrow morning?"

"Sure."

"I gotta go home quickly before I take my shift now," I apologize, pulling away from her and already backing toward my car. "I'll send you a text with my address tonight. Be there by 9 tomorrow morning."

I hear a shy and soft thank you that makes me smile and shake my head, and I'm soon on my way back home. The traffic is a bit packed and it's almost 5 when I reach Ivan's mansion. The fact that both his cars are parked here is weird, but not as much as the presence of a van I never saw before. It's one of those little trucks that workers use on site to transport their tools and materials. I didn't know Ivan was having some works done in the house today.

"IVAN!!!?" I call out as I walk in and realize that there's a lot of shuffling noise upstairs.

"You're already here!?" he exclaims as he rushes down the staircase, dressed in an old pair of jeans and a white tee-shirt.

"I finish at 4 on Fridays," I remind him, staring at his suspicious expression. "I'm just stopping by anyway, I'm going to work now. What the heck is going on in..."

"No, you're not," he interrupts me, firmly taking my arms and leading me to his office. "You're not going to work tonight."

"But..."

"There's no but, Aaron. We need to talk. And by the way, you're quitting that job behind the bar at the Hell Fire."

"What!? Are you kidding me? I need that job!!" I squeal pleadingly, which only says a lot on my angst to lose a job. I need it.

"As a Dom, you can't seriously consider working as a bartender or a waiter in a BDSM club, Aaron, can you?"

"And why not!? I need the job, Ivan. Even you said it was important for me to learn about customer-relationships in a club for my studies."