Update on the situation (not a chapter)

Dear, dear readers,

I can't begin to apologize for this long absence, and to those who are still around, I want to say thank you for your patience. Time has flown and I can't believe that it's been over a year since I last wrote anything in my books or even published a chapter. And yet, that's what it is.

It seems like some of you have worried, and I'm really sorry about that, so I'll first say that I'm fine and that I hope you are all doing good too.

Not in any specific order, here's a bit of what's happened...

Family life has been a bit complicated in these Covid times (my husband and older son lost their jobs, the younger son barely had school, so while I'm working from home, it was hard to deal with everyone being around...), but things are getting better and I am finally recovering some quietness at home on most days.

Then, I have also moved on to a new job within the company I've been working for, and it's a completely new job. There is a lot to learn (you don't become a finance analyst when you were a personal assistant in the blink of an eye...). It's honestly a huge challenge, one that the people I now work with have trust me with, and I certainly don't want to fuck this up, so I have been working really hard and even though I am still training to the new function, things are getting a little easier.

With the rest of the team being based in the "relative" south of France, I have to travel there one week each month for the moment and at least until I get fully autonomous during month ends. While it's also nice to travel and have a break from the routine life at home, it also means a lot more work and very busy weeks when I'm there, but I am truly enjoying this new role.

On the health side, things are quite fine at the moment, although my sickness decided to be a pain in my neck some time ago. I went through a few exams and I am now waiting a new treatment which I hope will be more efficient than all the previous ones I have tried.

Last but not least, my laptop died last spring. The batteries in both the keyboard and the screen began to swell and unfortunately, it's not something that can be changed in the Surface book. Quite a shame after barely four years, if you ask me. It took me quite a while to decide on a new one, but I finally bought a new laptop a couple of weeks ago, and since I had backed up my former laptop on an external drive, I didn't lose anything, which is already a good thing.

So now that things have been getting a bit quieter, only remained one issue... Finding the motivation to get back to write.

In all honesty, there hasn't been a day without thinking about the boys. I have never lost that habit of thinking about the next chapters to write before I fall asleep. You know, making plans for the chapter, thinking of what I could put in there, thinking about the conversations in my head, and so on. These characters have been part of my life – or of me? – for over five years now and I don't think they'll ever let me rest.

Nonetheless, I had to find the motivation to write again. Motivation that I had lost long ago. Even if there were times I was a little less busy over the past year, I just didn't feel like writing. I knew that it would come back at some point and rather than doing shit, I thought I should just let go.

In fact, I decided to start anew (not the books, of course, but the process that got me to start writing...). I went to my book shelves and picked the Fifty Shades trilogy to read it for the umpteenth time. Yep, that's where it all started. And I'm not going to say that I don't like it just because many people here say this story is bullshit. To me it's not. It's just a story, even if Grey can be as detestable or annoying as Joshua (now you know why Josh can be such a pain...). Actually I love this trilogy, so much so that I am now also reading it as told by Grey.

Anyway, the result is here: I am back to my books. Rereading Fifty Shades was enough to bring me back into the BDSM mood and writing, so I thought I should share with you, those who are still hanging around and waiting for the rest of the Black Moon series.

I yet have to decide how I'm going to proceed, but the idea is still the same as last year. The first step will be to finish publishing Aaron's first book, but that won't be until it is completely edited and until the one chapter I hadn't written and the epilogue get written. I was quite efficient this last weekend though. I nearly finished editing the remaining chapters and even started writing that New Year's Eve chapter I had no inspiration for before. In fact, I'm glad to say my writing was quite fluid and only remains the smut part of that chapter, so I guess it's a good sign 😊

Then, once Eclipse of the Moon is fully published, it will be radio silence again until 314 Moons and more to come is fully written. Many parts of Rise of the Moon depend on that third book, and as much as I have now quite defined Kayden's character, I want to be sure that I have totally figured out his character's personality and past details and the exact place he holds in the threesome of the third book before I start editing the second book and publish it in order to properly present him and place accurate hints / teasers (<--- Don't think I've changed in a year, I'm still the same and I still love teasers and cliffhangers...).

So...

I don't know what the near future's going to bring and I wouldn't dare give you false hopes or anything, but if things go according to the plan, I do believe that I should be able to resume publishing in the next couple of weeks. I have no idea how long it's going to take to finish writing 314 Moons – the last I remember, I was only on chapter 10 – so let's not build castles in the air in terms of dates for the other Aaron's books (and anyway, I'm sure you're not eager to see Ivan die, so let's be patient). Then as far as further books are concerned, well...

I'll still write Twisted Moon 2 (that one should be easy since it's overlapping 314 Moons and I have been working on detailed chapter plans at the same time as I'm writing Aaron's third book) and that 9th book of the series (The Master Dom's Diary). By then, you'll be probably more than fed up with this series, so even if I have thought about sequels for Josh/Liam and Mark/Shannon/Alex, I don't know if these will ever get published.

Oh well, I guess that's enough of a long note here so I will now retreat back to my cave. I thought posting this long message would be easier here than on my wall, but it shall disappear at some point.

Once again, I apologize for having been absent for so long without giving news. Today I opened Wattpad for the first time in so many months that the app said I had 130K notifications... I'll never be able to catch up with all the messages but I'll try to read and respond to as many as I can. Please just bear with me...

Meanwhile, I really hope that everyone is doing well and stays safe. Believe me, I've missed you 🖤

Until later,

Hugs from France.

Nath

Ps: I have also noticed that I Was Shooting For The Moon is about to hit 4 million reads, and that both I Would Give Him The Moon and Twisted Moon are both above 2 million... I can't thank you enough for all this. Thank you, thank you, thank you! 🖤🖤🖤