Fever Pt 25

Megan POV

"Nicki, we need to talk."I spoke up, sitting down on the bed with my legs cross cross apple sauced. Reese jumped up on the bed and laid down in my lap.

"You're pregnant?"She blurted.

"No? What?"I became confused. What made her say that out of nowhere?

"Meg, I'm not stupid. You're showing all the symptoms of a pregnant woman. And that glow, that can't just be from the little popularity you got, that's more of a 'I got a baby baking' glow."She rambled.

"Little popularity?"I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You know what I meant."She scooted closer to me.

I pushed the "little popularity" jab to the back of my head, not wanting to get off track and start an argument.

"But that's exactly what I need to talk to you about."I stated, rubbing Reese's side.

"What about it?"She pursed her lips together, also rubbing Reese's side. Our fingers brushed against each other for a brief second then went the opposite way.

"I feel that it's been kinda moving fast. This whole music thing—,"

"That's how it is. If you can't keep up, you'll get left behind. You have no choice but to prepare for the pace. And if you're not prepared, people in the music industry will walk all over you."She explained.

I took in all of the information she was freely giving me. I mean, Nicki's been in the rap game for thirteen plus years, I'm sure she knows what the hell shes talking about. She's a smart woman.

"I can get you a manager if you feel you need one."She went on.

I nodded.

"Great. Jay has an amazing management company."

"Who?"I asked.

"Jay Z. I'll get in touch with Bey so she can run it by Jay. After that, it's up to him to take you on. And if not, I know other good managers out in New York that would be happy to take you on as a client."She replied.

"Now, about this 'baby baking' situation."I changed the subject. "How can you be so sure that there's one in my belly?"

"I've been around pregnant people before. Okay not a lot, but when my mother was pregnant with my little brother, Micaiah, and my little sister, Ming, I watched how it all unfolded with her. I mean, of course it's different for different people but I'm pretty—"She interrupted herself. "You get the gist."She finished.

"I'm gonna call my doctor."I picked up my phone and hopped out of the bed, making Reese look up like 'what happened to my belly rubs?' He laid back down when he felt Nicki's hand on his head.

I couldn't help but to pace the room floor as the phone rang. My doctor picked up on the fourth ring.

"I'm with a patient right now, what is it Megan?"She questioned, sounding like she was in a rush.

"I think I might be pregnant."I cut right to the chase.

The line went silent for a few seconds. "Hello?"I pressed the phone closer to my ear as if that would help. "Come in right now. I can see you as soon as I'm done with this patient."She responded.

"Okay, thank you,"I hung up the phone.

"What did she say?"Nicki asked.

"We have to go in right now."I went straight into the closet to throw on something. I could hear her moving around in her closet, also looking for something to wear. I went with: a yellow cropped tank with black and white checkered sleeves, black ripped jeans, and black and white checkered vans. I grabbed my Carmex lip chap and glossed my lips out. "We should go get our nails done after this."I yelled.