Fever Pt 2

Nicki POV

"Come on baby."I attached the leash to his collar and opened the door. He jumped out of the Jeep and we started to walk into PetSmart to get him some more food and treats.

We made it all the way to the back where the dog food was without any problems but just as I started looking for the right meal plan, I felt him tugging at the leash.

"Stop."I whispered, pushing my sunglasses up on my face. He let out a slight bark at the worker coming around the corner, trying to leap at her.

I pulled the leash back but he continued, determined to get to her. She smiled and bent down to his level while he tried to jump on her.

"Oh, he's such a cute little guy."She rubbed his head. The woman stood up straight, towering over me by just a few inches.

"You need some help?"She asked me. My mouth fell open at the sight of her. I let my eyes trail down her shirt til I noticed her name tag. Megan...

"Um yes, I-I'm looking for the Earthborn dog food."I informed her.

"Follow me."She turned and led me down the next aisle. We found the Earthborn bags on a high shelf, far out of my reach.

"Can you get that for me?"I politely asked with a shy smile. She smiled back at me and used her height to advantage to reach the bag.

"Thank you."I took the bag from her almost dropping it as he tried to sniff the bag.

"Too heavy for you?"She eyed me.

"Yeah."A wave of embarrassment washed over me. "I'll carry it for you."She took the bag back and led me to the front where the registers were.

"Ring me up."I couldn't help but to smile at her again. She licked her lip slightly before tucking her pink tongue back in her mouth. I watched as her hand grabbed the bag of dog food off the conveyor belt and scanned it, catching a glimpse of her nails. They were ombre, white at the bottom fading into pink at the tips.

"I like that."I took off my glasses and tucked them into my shirt. "What?"She asked, bagging the item and looking up at me. Her eyes got as big as bowling balls when she realized who I was.

"Ni—Nicki Minaj! Oh my god!"She exclaimed. I placed my finger on my lips and whispered for her to shush.

"I said I like your nails."I smirked.

"Oh um, thank you. I like yours too."She stared into my eyes, completely mesmerized that Nicki Minaj was standing right in front of her.

I chuckled. "Chile please. I haven't gotten a manicure in forever."

She awkwardly laughed. "How much do you make here?"I asked, curiously.

"Huh?"

"You work here, don't you? How much do you make here?"I rephrased my question.

"Oh yes. Um, I actually just started working here a few months ago. Eleven thirty four an hour."She confessed.

"Oh really..."

"Yeah, why?"

"Just asking. You know, you should call me some time."I ran my tongue across my lip as I reached over and grabbed her phone out of her jacket pocket.

She unlocked it for me and I placed my number inside her contact list.

"You can pick my contact name."I gave it back to her making her gush at the fact that I, a high-end celebrity, had just given her my phone number.

"How do I know this is your real number?"She asked.

"Why wouldn't it be?" I took the bag and placed it inside the basket.