Fever Pt 24

Megan POV

"Your freestyle hit the blogs!"Nicki yelled, jumping on the bed. "What?"I asked, still half asleep. "Look!"She shoved her iPhone 11 Pro in my face.

I watched myself rap, killing the beat. "Awe shit bitch! I done hit a blog."I said.

"Not just a blog. You're all down my timeline. Meg you hit TeaTenders, Shade Room, The Neighborhood Talk, TMZ and Mashable. All of which are widely known all over the country."She scrolled, showing me on almost every blogs' page.

I picked at the comments but not for long before she took the phone back. "I searched your name on Trending and you got fan pages already made. They got the video posted too as well as some of your posts off your real page."

"Wow, that's crazy."I said, amused at how fast my video spread across the internet.

"I looked you up on YouTube and the video popped up. There's also pics of us on safari but you knew that already—,"She continued to talk but I tuned her out. I watched her lips move back and forth but couldn't hear the words.

Half of me was still tired and just wanted to go back to sleep and the other half was, well, shocked. I mean, I'm used to just being seen with Nicki but now there's a spotlight on me for my own skill.

"So what am I, famous now?"I asked her.

"You've got a little fame now. You gonna feed it or what?"She sat with her big dark brown eyes piercing into me.

"I'm not sure."I shrugged.

"Think about it. This could be your big break."She replied.

"What? I never said I wanted to actually rap."

"Megan, you're an amazing writer. I've seen it with my own eyes. You gonna let all that talent go to waste?"She gave me her best puppy dog eyes.

"Leave that to Reese."I laughed.

She smacked her lips, annoyed. "I'm serious."

"I'll sleep on it."I flopped backwards on the bed and pulled the covers up to my neck, ready to go back to sleep.

"Megan."She grabbed my arms and shook me. "I'll have your answer in an hour, I promise."I told her.

She huffed before climbing off the bed. "I'll be outside with Reese."

I managed to mumble out an, "mhm."

I tried to go back to sleep but all I could think about was my freestyle. I grabbed my phone and decided to surf the web but when I went to unlock it, it was dead.

"Wow."I said to myself, plugging it up to the charger.

When it finally turned on, all of my recent notifications began to come through. I let out a breath scrolling through the texts. Dream was blowing my phone up about the same thing as everyone else, the freestyle. But one thing that stood out to me? A text from an unknown number. I opened up the empty thread and saw two text messages waiting for me.

 I opened up the empty thread and saw two text messages waiting for me