Fever Pt 20

Megan POV

I rolled over to the sound of Nicki's phone going off repeatedly. Eyeing her through the dark, I saw that she was still sound asleep, unbothered by the countless ringing. I raised up and reached my arm over to grab her phone from the nightstand. I felt Reese's paws moving around in the bed as he looked up at me.

"Shhh,"I put my finger to my lips. I got the phone and turned it over to see a few texts from Carissa.

I huffed to myself and clicked on the text box to type up a quick response

I huffed to myself and clicked on the text box to type up a quick response. The nerve of her to even text Nicki's phone after all that she put the three of us through! She continued to reply, making the conversation go on for a measly three minutes.

 The nerve of her to even text Nicki's phone after all that she put the three of us through! She continued to reply, making the conversation go on for a measly three minutes

I saw the three bubbles pop up letting me know she was about to text back. Moving quickly, I scrolled down the contact settings and hit the block button.

I was so tempted to slam the phone down but I decided against it so I wouldn't wake Nicki. Instead, I sat it down gently and rolled over to go back to sleep.

As soon as I shut my eyes, Reese got up and started prancing around the room. "Outside?"I asked, making his movements come to a halt and his ears perk up high.

I threw my legs over the bed and rose up, sliding my feet into Nicki's Fenty slippers.

I went outside with him, wishing that I hadn't had on shorts at the time. We currently had a cold front coming through, winter approaching quickly.

I stood with my arms wrapped around my body and my legs together as I waited for him to do his business and come back inside. It seemed like longer than usual as the heavy breeze kept smacking me from side to side. Unbothered, Reese ran out into the far back of the backyard and crouched over to poop then cane back and lifted his leg to pee.

"Finished?"I asked him. I opened it and we went back inside, shutting and locking the door then resetting the alarm. I slid off the slippers and got back in the bed, snuggling up to my lover. "Where did you go?"She whispered. "Reese needed to go out,"I answered before shutting my eyes for the second time. I was finally able to go back to sleep after that.