Uno

"You bore me."

"But that's really the point, isn't it?"

Spiderman sighed, fondling with the UNO cards in his right hand, "you're supposed to be fun." He said, picking up six cards after Deadpool stacked three of his favorite '+2' cards on him. Spiderman always hated UNO, it was a game of luck, not a game of skill; but at all being random, could he only say that he was never lucky enough to win a single game of these cards.

"You shouldn't have any expectations, but I'll tell you now; it's only fun when you win." Deadpool replied, placing a few red cards down with the number four on each of them, "That doesn't seem to happen very often."

"Not to me it doesn't."

"Ouch Spidey, it must suck to suck I guess."

"It does."

Deadpool nodded, waiting for the spider to make his next move. He watched the other man skim through his deck and grow frustrated; how ironic, Spiderman losing a game of UNO. Wade couldn't help but chuckle at the slightest, it was quite silly that the hero had grown into genuine anger. It was just card drawing.

Time flew by, as if it were in a rush; Spiderman still flipping back and forth through his cards for what felt like years. He finally placed a yellow number nine and sighed. Deadpool smiled a bit, "Uno." He taunted, showing off that he had one last card, "uno out." He said, placing his last card in the middle. He knew that he hadn't played correctly, he was supposed to announce beforehand of his final card, but it was too late now and spidey wasn't even aware of the rules. He was an idiot, but it was cute. Peter sighed once more, but this time it was loud and full of disappointment.

"Do you want to play another round?" Deadpool asked, looking at his fingers. He watched them move, fascinated by himself; he could cut all those off and it wouldn't matter.

"No.." said Spiderman, "no, I don't."

"Well then." Deadpool began, stretching his legs out in front of him, "what do you propose we do?"

Spiderman looked at the deck of cards, shrugging his shoulders, "I could eat." He suggests.

"Excellent, where to?" He asked, not even having to think twice; his unhesitant response made Peter smile. Spiderman gripped his wrist out of habit, staring forward at nothing in particular, "you like Mexican food, don't you?" He asked, "we could go to the one down the street."
Deadpool shrugged, "is it a date?" He asked.

"No." Replied the Spiderman.

Deadpool left the two at a silence before finally responding, "That's okay too." He insisted, "well if you ask me, I really don't see how this isn't a date. But considering the fact that no one is in fact asking me-"

"Well what is a date, Deadpool?" He asked, starting to pick up the piles of uno cards, "I'm interested."

"Oh I see." Wade watched the spider boy pick up the game cards, "well I don't mean to lead you on, but I don't think you're that dumb spidey."

Spiderman shrugged, "I don't know, we clearly have different definitions, so I think clear air would be nice."

Deadpool paused, "the air looks clear to me." He responded.

"Nevermind then." He insisted with a shrug and a slight disappointed nod to the head.

"A date is when two people, more specifically; men, like each other and go out together and have fun you doofus. Do you ever watch Sherlock?"

Spiderman didn't care about how incorrect his gender specification was, and he did actually watch Sherlock (which had nothing to do with anything he was trying to explain) but he did want to settle one assumption just to be a dick. "But, I don't like you." He said.

"Well, you don't have to go with me, Bernie Sanders."

"Well why do you outcome of that?"

"Well I think about you anytime I see an old person, I don't know." He shrugged, "sorry."

"No, I meant why do you insist that I don't go with you?"

"Right," Deadpool adjusted, "you know what they say; no date, no fun." He shrugged.

Spiderman grabbed his wrist. "Nobody says that."

"As long as I do, then it doesn't matter who says it or not."

"Okay."

Silence settled their short debate once more, leaving some room for thinking. Peter did wish to go, some food was something he really needed a distraction for the anxious feeling he'd recently been having. Besides, Deadpool was constantly structuring to be more and more annoying. Perhaps he'd just needed something in his mouth to make him shut up for a while, (no homo).

"So are you down or not?" Wade asked, being bothered by the comfortable silence that drowned the room.

"Yeah, sure."

"What changed your mind?"

Spiderman shrugged, "I'm hungry." He answered.

"Cool." Wade added, "so it's a date, right?"

"Whatever makes you feel better."

Deadpool smiled genuinely, "well, it wasn't a no."

Period. I really shouldn't be busy during quarantine, but I get distracted so that's why i never get anything donE. This probably doesn't associate at all with the story, but uno is fun and I needed something quick and easy to produce for the people who genuinely enjoy the ff. Reynoso out.