1

Virgil has always been alone with his dragon, living in the forest, away from any form of civilization. Being the last of his kind was dangerous, everyone had been looking for him for a long time, and even now that they had forgot, they would kill Nyx, his dragon, in the bat of an eye if they even catch a glimpse of her.

So he made the effort of living in the wilderness, building a small "house" from scratch, learning how to hunt for food and countless way to hide, even in plain sight.

It has been years, though, since the last time someone came looking for him, or in the woods at all for that matter, and Virgil had started to carelessly stroll through the forest, not worrying about someone seeing him or Nyx.

It was almost midnight and the two of them were lying outside of the small shelter they built years before, looking up at the stars in a peaceful silence, enjoying the warmth of the fire crippling beside them, when a branch behind them snapped, making them jump. In a matter of seconds they were on their feet, staring off into the dark of the night, Nyx starting to emit a low and grave growl when, thanks to her night vision, she saw a human holding a sword moving just a few yards away from them.

"Nyx, fly and hide above the trees. Blend with the environment." Virgil immediately said through the mind link that connected the two of them.

"What?! No! I won't leave you alone! He has a sword!" She exclaimed, planting her feet in the ground.

The young man rolled his eyes, scoffing.

"Of course, because everyone would kill a random man in the woods. Who would think they were just a hunter?" He replied sarcastically before adding: "If you stay here, he'll attack us for sure, but if you hide I may have a chance to drive him away; now go." Nyx looked at him skeptically, making Virgil finally lose his patience, hearing the stranger get closer and closer each second.

"NYX I SAID GO, NOW!"

The dragon growled but did as asked and took flight, blending immediately with the environment and making it clear that she would make the young boy pay for making her hide.

Virgil sat back down trying to calm his breath down as he waited for the man to show up.

"Nyx share your night vision so I can see where he is." He sent through the mind link, folding his arms and laying back against the wood wall of the small shelter and bringing a leg slightly to his chest.

"No." Dead-panned the dragon, making Virgil's eyes widen and then his brows furrow, gritting his teeth.

"What?! Why not?!" He could hear the creature smirk as she answered him: "You wanted to do things as a normal human, all by yourself, so why would I share my precious night vision with you?"

"You son of a-" Virgil didn't get to finish his insult because right at that moment the stranger appeared from the shadows, making Virgil jump in surprise.

He stopped in his tracks.

The both of them stayed silent, staring at each other and studying one another for a few seconds.

"Good evening." The stranger finally spoke, breaking the silence.

The young man didn't say anything, answering with just a small movement of the head. Silence one again settled between the two as Nyx looked down on them from her hiding spot up in the trees: the stranger still had the sword with the golden hilt in hand, but it didn't look like he had any intensions of using it; the white jacket he was wearing hugged his torso perfectly, the golden details reflecting the light of the small fire every now and then and worked perfectly with his black pants and classy shoes.

"He looks like a royal." She commented through the mind link.

"I know. But there's something off about him. It almost looks like he's in pain..."

"So why is a young man like you all alone in the forest so late at night?" The man asked suddenly in a slightly posh voice. Virgil just raised an eyebrow, letting a smirk appear on his lips.

"I could ask you the same thing."

When he answered his voice was raw and husky for the long time it was left unused. A small smile appeared on the stranger's face.

"Touchè."

They smiled at each other's for a second, before a jolt of pain made the royal like persona bend in half, holding his side, his eyes squeezed shut and hissing in pain.

Virgil's eyes widened and he immediately jumped to his feet, running to the guy's side, only then noticing the blood covering his jacket.

"What happened?!" He asked, his voice panicked as he helped him get in the small structure and lay on the ground.

"I..." he stopped, grunting in pain as his back touched the floor. "My men and I were riding through the woods to get to the kingdom when we got caught in an ambush. I-I was the only one able to get away."

The thought of people going through the forest without him knowing, made Virgil pale a little.

"Do you think they."

"I don't know." Immediately answered Nyx, "But that's a problem for later. You have to help him or he'll die, and if he dies you won't be able to make him your boyfriend."

"Nyx!" Exclaimed Virgil blushing.

"What? You know he's cute, that was your first thought."

"Ugh, shut up and come here, you giant lizard." He thought rolling his eyes as he heard the dragon flying down.

"Excuse me?! I prefer the term 'dragon', thank you very much. Also, rude. Now get ready, I'm about to land so you'll be able to heal Prince Charming over there."

Virgil turned towards the exit, immediately hearing the creature's big paws landing on the grass covered ground. He picked up the wounded guy carefully and took him back outside.

As he was about to gently lay him down, the guy's eyes widened and his skin paled as he saw the dragon in front of him, and squirmed out of Virgil's arms, harshly falling to the ground.

He scurried back, drawing his sword.

"Get away from us you horrible monster or I'll swear I'll kill you!" He screamed pointing the weapon towards his aim.

"Okay, you know what? He's not that cute, you can live without him. I don't like him anymore. C'mon, let's leave him here to die."

Virgil chuckled.

"Oh, come on Nyx, he's never seen a dragon, or a Dragon witch for that matter, give him a break."

The dragon huffed in annoyance as the Dragon Witch got closer to her.

"No! Stop! You're gonna get yourself monstrously killed!" The prince screamed immediately, desperately trying to get up, making Virgil laugh and Nyx roll her eyes.

"What a drama queen."

"Be nice." The guy sent a sideways glance to the dragon before leaning back on the creature's smooth scaled side, turning towards the man still trying to get up.

"Hey, stop moving like that, you're gonna make your wound worse. She's not gonna hurt you or me. Her name's Nyx and she's my dragon."

The guy immediately looked up, staring at him for a second, shocked, before his eyes started to shift between the guy and the creature.

"What are you?!" He exclaimed, a shocked and scared expression on his face.

Virgil smirked, his eyes lit up of a bright violet color, his arms folded on his chest as a purple aurea started surrounding him with lighting rippling around him, making the guy gasp as his eyes widened.

"I'm the last of the Dragon Witches."

Yes, I decided to transfer it in a book because knowing me, I'm extra af and it would probably be longer than expected so yeah. Also I have part 2 in my notebook and it has been there for 6 months. I'm the queen of procrastination, bow down to me!

Ali c: