Minho looks up guiltily at me upon hearing my gag of dissatisfaction and disgust. "Sor-ry," he croaks. I shake my head and help him into Jisung's apartment, where Patient Zero is currently fast asleep with half a bowl of uneaten broth spilled on his chest.

I resist the urge to laugh and instead lay Minho down on the couch.

I remember what the book said. Take care of yourself.  I take that as an omen and stay far away from Minho as I give him some of Jisung's still-in-the-bowl broth. He grunts as a thank you and closes his eyes when he's done eating.

And, because I am a genius, I dial Changbin's number in my phone. Changbin is the guy who was grumpy, for no particular reason, yesterday.

"What?" he snaps. "Who is this?"

"Uh, it is I, Yongbok."

"Oh. What do you want, Felix?" It might be wishful thinking, but his voice seemed less on edge once I revealed my true identity.

"Well, Jisung is sick. And, um, Minho is also sick. And I don't think either of them can take care of them both, and I can't call either of them in sick for school, cuz, ya know, I should probably stay with them. So, can you call the three of us in sick? When school, uh, when school starts, I mean."

Changbin is silent for a minute. "Felix, it's four-thirteen in the morning. School doesn't start for another three and a half hours More, actually. Three hours and forty-seven minutes."

"Um."

"Furthermore," (who even says furthermore anymore, other than boomers?) "I cannot, in fact, call you in sick. I'm sick, too."

"Um."

"So, yeah."

"Um."

There's me, on one end of the line. Changbin is on the other end. There's white noise, confusion, and awkwardness. Radio silence. Static. Whatever it's called.

"Do you want to come here?" I ask. "I can take care of you, Minho, and Jisung all at once." My voice cracks at "take care of you," but I choose to ignore it.

I can practically hear him think. "Who will call us in sick? Also, how will I get to your house?"

"I'll drive you," I decide. Hopefully Minho and Jisung don't die while I'm gone.

"Okay." He coughs.

I check the time. 4:19. Nice. My favorite time of day to be driving sick people around.

But hey, it's Changbin. I would do anything for Changbin, not that he knows it or cares.

I think of the book again. Take care of yourself, it reminds me. Eh. I can modify it.

Here's the new step eleven, written by me:

Step Eleven: Take care of him! Oh em gee, make sure he knows you care!! It's totally okay if you get hurt or sick in the process, as long as stereotypes are fulfilled and he's okay!!!! Exclamation point exclamation point exclamation point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>>><><<<

"Thanks," Changbin says when we get back to my house.

"Ngh." Not exactly showing my best version of myself to Changbin, I groan.

It's 4:30 in the morning, for crying out loud. But I don't cry out loud. I just cry in my head, because my sleep schedule is dying and there's no way for me to save it.