chapter 9- Fragile?! Oops.

CHAPTER 9-FRAGILE? OOPS.

Matt is so gross. I finish brushing my teeth and rinsing with the strongest Listerine in the house. I grab the phone and dial Beth's number.

"Hey Beth, it's me, can we hang out tonight?"

"Hey Michael, my parents are gone out right now to work, they'll be back at 9:00 you can come over till then if you want." Replies Beth.

I say, "alright see you in ten." She says ok and hangs up. I go try to straighten out the flips in my hair and walk back up to Beth's place. When I get there I knock twice and enter. Beth calls out, "who is it?"

I shout, "Michael" and she says, "ok come in. I'm upstairs."

Oh my god. The stairs in her house are retarded. If I were to count them all I'd be here all year. I am not going up stairs. I sit on the couch and shout, "ok I'll wait for you down here."

A couple minutes later Beth hops down the trillion stairs. She's still wearing the t-shirt I let her wear last night. I wonder what her mom thought. Beth plops on the couch beside me and takes my hand and says what's up.

"Well. Nothing really. Matt just raped me. I have a very important question for you." I pause then ask, "does my scent make you go crazy and get hypnotized and does it make you want to do bad things to me?"

Honestly, after all that has happened today, I'm afraid of her answer.

"Umm. Earlier on today on my front porch it did. But right now no. Right now you smell like you always do. Just normal. And what do you mean matt raped you?!" Beth answers

"Well, when I got home matt was asleep. I accidentally woke him up I think and he got hypnotized. He thought 'that smell!' and came after me. He basically made out with me against my will. And to get him off me I had to make out with him back." I say.

Beth looks surprised. And scared.

I slap a hand to my forehead and whine, "I don't want to be this! Beth my best friend is gay I think! I can't have him trying to kiss me all the time!"

Beth curls up in my arms like a little girl and says, " don't worry Michael. It'll all work out. It's just your scent."

I look at her confused and ask, "you're not affected anymore?"

"After you kissed my neck, my head was all cloudy and my neck felt stiff. It was after that that I noticed I don't smell your scent anymore."

Uh-oh. What did I do to Beth?! I accidentally drool in her neck and she's not overwhelmed by my smell anymore? I take her by the hand over to her computer and google the book that Matt had. With my luck, a read-it-online link came up.

The book shows up and I go to the table of contents. I can't see anything that could really help me. I find one that says vampire saliva, page 108. I flip to the page and read it out loud, "vampire saliva when put into a cut, via licking or just drooling, will automatically heal all wounds within seconds. If the vampire saliva is used to repair a human's cuts and wounds, then the human will then turn into the vampire's fragile. This would mean all vampiric powers would not work on the human. Except ones gained for example, mind control. See page 120 for more on fragile's."

I flip to page 120 and read out loud, "a fragile is a vampire companion. In old text you can find them being called slaves. Vampires often healed those they loved thus we call them a fragile. No supernatural being can harm a fragile and only humans can be set into this category. When the vampire drinks from his or her fragile their blood flows freely. They do not run out of blood or get harmed. They continue producing until the vampire is finished. No other vampire can feed from some one else's fragile. This specimen is a lot like a mix between the vampire race and the human race. Only a fragile lives 190 years without aging then dies (but can be changed into a vampire to resist death). They can die from natural and unnatural causes like a stab wound or old age or heart attack. They are not invincible. Vampires and their fragile will have a link. Vampires will know when their fragile needs them and fragile's will know when their vampire needs blood. It is a telepathic link. See page 122 to see how to release your fragile."