chapter 13- Not as evil as I thought.

~~~The picture on this page is of jess. I found the drawing on google and thought it was nice. I imagined Jess with long black hair and stunning Green eyes but I coulnt find anyone like that. So I found this drawing instead xD

CHAPTER 13-NOT AS EVIL AS I THOUGHT.

We took two busses to her place. It's farther away then I thought. We're almost six blocks away from the mall. I thought she said she lived close to the mall. Maybe she lied because she thought I'm a creeper. Oh well. I don't think I'm looking for an actual relationship right now. Just a kiss to pee Beth off. Haha.

We finally reach Jessica's house. it's a small condo that looks run down. We step inside and it looks like a show home. Huh. Looks really can be deceiving. She asks me if I want anything to drink. I say no and marvel at the extremely huge flat screen TV. She must have seen my marvellous marvelling and laughs, "you wanna watch some TV? A movie maybe?"

"yeah sure. What movies do you have?" I ask

She walks over to a huge movie cabinet and says, "well, we have lots. But we just got this new one, the exorcist. Its like a new remake or something. Its supposed to be really good." she throws the movie to me to examine, "wanna watch it?"

I read over the back of the movie case to see if it looks scary. And at that moment I realize my plan. I'm going to go all classic on this one. I notice I'm smiling at the cover with a goofy evil grin on. I wipe my face clear of that expression and look at Jessica, "sure sounds good. But wont you be scared?" honestly I'm laughing in my head. Hoping that Beth is getting all of this.

"well, I hope not," Jessica says with a frown, "will you protect me if I get scared?"

Something tells me Beth heard that. I feel evil. I love it.

I smile at her, "of course I will."

She pops the movie in the DVD player and plops down on the couch. The first part of the movie already scares me, some dead thing flies at the screen making me jump a mile out of my pants. Jessica laughs at me. As the movie continues, we both get more and more scared. Before long we're clutching onto each other for dear life and screaming like we're about to die. Its actually really funny. I'm always the first one to scream, which scares her, then she screams, and we both scream like girls. So after we scream, we laugh at me. The movie ends and we're both breathing heavy and clutching onto each other. She looks at me and I see her eyes glaze over as she notices how close we are. I guess my vampire scent is now in full effect.

She starts moving closer to me. I had an actually really good time tonight. Jessica is a really great girl. I can't use her to get to Beth. I thought I could but I can't. It's heartless and rude. I jump away from her quickly before her lips touch mine.

"what's wrong?" Jessica asks innocently while I watch her eyes unglazed slightly.

I sigh, "I'm really sorry. I can't do this. I should probably go."

She meets my eyes and says, "can't do what? What's wrong? You can tell me."

Defeated I respond, "I can't kiss you. You're a really nice girl, I don't want to hurt your feelings." I bow my head in shame, "I only wanted to kiss you to make an old friend jealous. But then I realized that it's wrong to do that so I pulled away. I'm sorry."

I know Beth knew what I was up to. And I can feel her laughing at me. A tear runs down my cheek. Why is Beth so mean? she never was like this.

"its ok dude, its fine. Are you crying?" she comes over to my side of the couch and hugs me. Did she just call me dude? I like it how she's not girly. But I don't like it how I feel like the girl here. "c'mon Michael, what happened? Is it a passed girlfriend of yours?"

I nod, "yeah. We were friends forever. Then we uh, started to have a relationship thing, and I really loved her for a long time. I still do. But she's changed. I don't like who she's become. But she changed because I did." I know she has no clue what I'm talking about. Oh well. It's best that way.

Jessica rubs my back. Obviously feeling the ripples of muscle. I hate it. This is not who I am. I am not some body builder. I used to have a four pack when I flexed. Now I have a ripped everything. I think god hates me.

"it's ok. Maybe just change back to how you used to be." Jessica suggests.

Another tear runs down my cheek. If only she knew. "I can't. it's not easy. It uh, had something to do with how my voice changed when I hit puberty. I guess. She liked it before but now she thinks its majorly hot and its like that's all she likes me for." I say. Yeah. I know. Lame right? Its all I could think of at short notice. At least its kind of the problem. Not really.

"I see. Well she seems like a fruit. No offence. Umm, are you feeling better?"

I sigh and wrap my arms around her, "yeah. Thanks."

I realize then that I like the way she feels in my arms. Beth felt familiar, something I always had. Like your fondest memory. She felt like home. But Jessica feels like a mystery. Something to work on. Something new. I like it. I've never spent more then a few days away from Beth. I feel lost. But I guess it doesn't matter now.

Jessica's eyes glaze over again. But she seems to still be able to reason with herself, rather then just feeling the need to rape me. Right here. Right now.

She comes closer to me, she looks hesitant, like she's afraid I might reject her. Honestly I'm surprised she doesn't think I'm a creep. Oh well. The girl's brain is something I can't understand. She seems to be waiting for my approval to kiss me. Huh. Odd. It's not like I'm gunna punch her out if she kisses me. I close the distance between us and our lips meet. I kiss her softly and pull away. She seems to think that the kiss was too short, obviously I don't feel the same passion she does.

I stand up and say, "well I should be getting home."

"yeah ok. Um, want to exchange numbers?" she asks

"umm, sure." she finds a pen and paper and jots her number down and asks me for mine. I tell her what it is and she gives me the paper with her number on it. She watches me out the window as I hop on the number 3 bus.

On the silent, empty bus, I can feel Beth's sadness about what just happened. She felt me kiss Jessica. Did Beth know that I wished it was her that I was kissing?

I feel some one place a big hand on my leg. I'm the only one on the bus so it must have been from my link with Beth. A guy just placed a hand on her leg. And now he was kissing her. And I could feel it. I've tasted my own medicine and it is bitter. A tear runs down my cheek for the millionth time. Oh well.