chapter 6- I break up with Beth. Then sleep with her.

CHAPTER 6-I BREAK UP WITH BETH. THEN SLEEP WITH HER.

Before we get to my room she wraps her arms around my neck and tries to kiss me. I push her away gently and she sits on my bed.

"Beth, how come you like me now that I'm a vampire but you didn't like me a couple days ago, when I was human?" I ask, looking into her eyes

"I did like you then just now I-I don't know. I think your extremely hot." She says while blushing, "do you like me? I know you probably don't like me now that you've changed but did you like me before?"

I sigh. What do I have to lose? "Beth. I've liked you since the first day we met. But we were friends ever since. The things you did tonight were things I've wanted to happen for a long time. I simply can't do it now. It seems like you only like me now because of what I am. Your beautiful, and really nice, and I've loved you forever now, but we can't be together."

Beth looks on the verge of tears. "Michael, don't be like that! I like you for you. I swear the vampire thing will die down. I don't want anything out of it. I just think it's attractive. I really do like every aspect of who you are. I could make a list if you don't believe me. Seriously just give it time. Don't walk out on something that you haven't even given time to grow. Please?" why does she have to be so darn convincing?

"I can't. If you liked me before you would have said it. I'll think about it. That's all I can offer." I look away from her and stand up from my bed, "Elizabeth I understand you think this whole new me is cool but I don't want to be this thing. I want things to be normal. I'm going to go see if matt's back." I walk out of my room and hear her crying softly.

The old me would have rushed back in there and held her till she felt better. But the new me has other priorities. Her thoughts are whirling around in my head, "I hate myself! I should have kissed him years ago. I should have said something! Why? He called me Elizabeth! He hates me. I have to think of a way to get him back!"

And that's when I tuned out. Matt was on the couch surrounded by Wal-Mart bags and backpacks and other bags filled with blood. Lots and lots of blood. I grab the nearest bag and start chowing down.

"Mike, so we need to talk. You're a vampire. Obviously a powerful one. I mean me and Beth are still here. So that should count for something. While you where upstairs with Beth I was reading the book. Here," he passes me the vampire book open to page 32, "it says there that after the second mark appears you will get unique powers. A third mark will not appear until you've completed an important lesson in life. Other symbols will appear over time symbolizing knowledge, battles, and love ones lost. Krone usually comes for his victims after they've acquired all three scratches. He takes them to Russia to complete training for his army whoever does not want to join him, battles him, and whoever battles him, dies."

I look up from the page and at matt, "but I've already been having unique power things. I can read Beth's mind. Maybe even yours."

Matt looks at the book and explains; "it says here that every vampire gets 2 basic powers in stage two. After that, over the years you gain more powers with more experience."

I nod and say this sucks and grab some more blood.

"Dude you really caught on fast. I thought you would refuse to drink." Matt says surprised.

"Yeah well I can't refuse. It calls to me; if I don't answer its like it pounds at my head until I give in. so I do and it tastes good." I huff and grab another bag. "Where did you get all this anyways?"

Matt shrugs, "here and there. Hospitals, blood banks. They all throw out fresh blood after a certain time period. No one will even know it's gone." I nod and grab another bag.