Chapter Ten

"Did you beat the crap out of him?" Melissa demanded to know once he'd returned to their apartment. While he'd been out he'd received more missed calls than he cared to return and received more text messages than he cared to read.

340,129 Friend Requests

His phone displayed and he turned the screen off and tossed it across the lounge.

"Of course I didn't" he explained to her covering each of his eyes with one of his hands as he hung his head backwards, not entirely sure how he was going to face his parents after his nudes had been leaked.

"Can I hit him?" She demanded and he groaned, grabbing a cushion of the lounge and burying it in his face.

"I already explained to you, he did it to save all of us, not just Josh, but also James and me too, don't forget," he summarised what he'd already told her.

"He's a fucking pervert!" She hissed, "sure he's a hot pervert but..."

"He saved me from being publicly shamed for beating up a homosexual," he reminded her. AGAIN.

"Yeah, yeah," she flipped off the remark. She calmed down enough to add, "if that video had come out... poor James,"

Blake agreed but he couldn't help but add, "he knew what he was doing, and fair enough, he was eighteen,"

"His friends and family don't know, though," Melissa confirmed his suspicions and Blake didn't even question how she knew it, "I can't imagine how the rest of his team might react,"

"Not positively," Blake responded from experience.

"That James kid you rescued came back to school today," Peter advised in a hushed tone, he was Blake's oldest friend and they had shared classes since kindergarten.

Just like Blake he was an athlete. Just like Blake he spent as much time fine tuning his body as he had working for the right scores he'd need for a scholarship.

Unlike Blake, he was 100% heterosexual. And just like Blake had been up until a couple of weeks ago, he was a homophobe.

"Oh yeah?" He asked feigning disinterest. They were in the gym and Blake was bench pressing his usual, trying to sweat out the gay, at least that's what he hoped.

"Yeah," Peter added, "gave me a funny look, asked me if I knew you," Peter was spotting him, standing over him, his arms thickly muscled for an eighteen year old, just like Blake's.

"So?" Blake added feigning disinterest and grunting at the effort to lift the bar. His eyes wandering up the definition of Peters abs through his sweat soaked shirt.

He could admire a mate who worked out, right? It was fine, it wasn't as if he hadn't done it before. It was purely academical.

"So... it was weird, right?" Pete shrugged, and as he did so his pelvis sucked in and his shorts flicked out at the bottom. The leg holes puffed open right over Blake's eyes and giving him a view of Pete's lack of boxer shorts.

He wasn't sure how long his eyes lingered.

'Stop!' His inner hetero snapped at him and Blake dropped the weight bar back on the arms suddenly, almost dropping them on himself and sat up quickly.

"Hey, what the fuck mate, you're only halfway through your set?" Pete had grabbed at the bar to prevent it from falling on his mate.

"Watch that mouth off yours Peter Lily, or it'll be fifty laps after school," Coach Carter told him from the next machine over where he was working with one of their team mates on his legs.