Chapter Six

Blake was leading the way down the hallway to his bedroom with Josh following him on bare feet. To say that he wasn't curious about what happened last night would be an outright lie. But there were the rules to consider and blurring the lines wasn't an option.

They reached the bedroom, and he padded off the tile of the hallway onto the carpet of the bedroom; soft and warm on his feet.

"Wait there," he said firmly when Josh went to enter the bedroom behind him. The door was swung wide, and the towel clad footballer looked at him curiously when he was forbade entry.

"Is this another one of your little sayings?" He asked, sounding a little bitter, but also relieved that whatever had happened last night, he at least was off the hook. Now Blake had to just ignore him until he let it go.

It had happened once or many times before. He or Melissa would bring someone home for a bit of fun. The excited individual always knew exactly what they were getting into and almost all of the time it went well.

Every now and then though they'd find someone who preferred one of them over the other. That wasn't on. If you bring them home, you've got to share. If they didn't want to be shared, they were never brought home again.

"They're not sayings, they're rules," Blake told him opening an expansive wardrobe. He snatched up a pair of boxer briefs and tossed them at Josh. "These ones are clean," he added with a wink, "I hope that's ok with you."

Josh grabbed for them but missed and seemed visibly shaken by the jest.

Great. Now Blake couldn't even make sexual innuendo anymore. What the heck happened last night?

"Rules?" Josh asked, his voice wavering.

"Yeah well you know that Melissa and I have a particular relationship," he said it matter of factly because Josh did know, in fact. He knew all about Blake and Melissa's sex drives and that there was often a third side to their pyramid. "Well for that to work there has to be rules."

"So; if you're drunk it didn't happen, helps you how?" Josh asked with narrowed eyes. He'd hadn't made a move to dress, the towel still firmly about his hips.

Did he seriously want privacy? Man. They must have really fucked up last night. He considered that as he stood there. They wouldn't have had sex, of that Blake was certain. Josh was a teammate and that was one of the rules. Drunk or not he never broke them. Even if he couldn't remember. Though Josh was extremely attractive, it simply wouldn't happen.

"Well Melissa and I knew from very early on that we were... different," he put it delicately. "She has needs. I have needs. Instead of having a problem with it we embrace it."

He watched Josh's face very closely to gauge his response to this and was curious to see, what? Curiosity?

That was good, wasn't it?

"The rules prevent... um... misunderstandings," he explained carefully.

"Is that why I'm not allowed in your bedroom?" Josh surmised reasonably, though with the undertone if someone who felt as if the whole thing was absurd.

"Rule six; our bedroom is our sanctuary," Blake told him as he selected a dark grey under armour sweatshirt and a pair of red running shorts. He tossed these to Josh as well, and then pulled on a second set that was very similar.

"A bit casual for a gala event?" Josh observed jocularly, turning the brief garments over in his hands.

"Come on, let's go for a run," Blake wasn't ready to let him go home just yet. Whatever happened last night had caused unnecessary problems that they needed to get over and quickly.