Chapter Forty

*Niall’s POV*

Louis called a car and while we waited the man whose name was Mark printed off a picture of the two of us which we both sighed for his daughter. The car showed up half an hour later and we both climbing in the back after saying a final thank you to Mark for helping us out.

I cuddled up next to Louis on the back seat, freezing my arse off in my dripping wet clothing. Louis had pulled his jacket off and coached me out of my hoodie, rubbing my arms trying to get me warm. I could do nothing but sit there and shiver.

The driver drove us to my place and we climbed out and practically ran inside where I put the heater on and sat down in front of it, pulling my wet shoes and socks off as I did so.

‘Come on Niall, we need to get you out of those wet cloths.’ Louis said squatting down next to me. ‘You’ll catch a cold otherwise.’

‘You just want a good excuse to see me naked.’ I joked though my chattering teeth.

Louis chuckled before pulling me too my feet and pulling my shirt off over my head.

‘Go have a hot shower; I’ll get you dry cloths and turn the electric blanket on.’ Louis said giving me a peck on the lips and pushing me towards the bathroom.

‘What about you? You could get sick too.’ I said when we got to the bathroom door. ‘You could join me.’ I wriggled me eyebrows at me but Louis just chuckled again.

‘I’ll have a shower after you. Go on.’ He nudged me towards the door.

I finally relented and closed the bathroom door behind me.

I stripped off what was left of my saturated cloths and climbed into the shower. I finally stopped shivering as the hot water hit my body. I felt my muscles relax under the down pour.

When I climber out of the shower I found a pair of briefs and sweatpants just outside the door and quickly pulled them on. I exited the bathroom and found Louis in my bedroom, he throw a dry hoodie at me which I happily pulled on as he grabbed dry cloths and headed to the bathroom, giving me another peck on the lips as he went past.

While he was in the showing I boiled the kettle and made both of us a cup of hot chocolate which I carried back up to my room, placing them on our bed side table. I switched the TV on and searched around for something worth watching. I ended up putting The Notebook in, after all, Louis said he’d prefer to cuddle and watch a movie then go out somewhere.

Louis came in in track pants and saw me sitting on our bed with the hot chocolate and TV on, the movie menu was playing.

‘You said you wanted to watch movies and cuddle.’

Louis grinned before jumping onto my bed and hugged me.

‘It’s a good thing I wasn’t holding my drink or else you’d be wearing it.’ I said jokingly as he pulled away and dived under the covers.

‘It’s so warm.’ Louis said wriggling his bum and pulling the blankets up to his neck.

‘That is the point of an electric blanket.’ I replied sarcastically as I handed him his hot chocolate and pressed the play button.

I pulled my hoodie and trousers off because the bed was so warm before cuddling up next to Lou to watch the movie and drink my chocolate. Louis was right, this was definitely better than some stupid candle light dinner.

*Louis’ POV*

The phone ringing woke me up the next morning. Niall, who was curled up next to me, groaned as he rolled over to answer his phone. I let me eyes drift shut again as Niall talked into his mobile. I ignored whatever they were talking about and hid my head back under the blankets. Niall hung up and turned over to face me, gently pulling the blanket down so he could see my face.