Chapter Twenty

*Louis’ POV*

The boys and I followed Harry into the club. He’d decided that the best place for us to try out our plan was in a club where there would be lots of chicks for me to talk to. It didn’t occur to me, at that time, that if Niall did like me and I stared flirting with girls that he mightn’t think I was interested in him.

I heard Niall’s sigh come from behind me.

‘What’s up Niall?’ Zayn asked

‘I’m just not really in the mood.’ Niall sounded tired and kinda bored.

‘Wow,’ Harry said turning to look at him ‘since when aren’t you in the mood for drinking?’

‘Since we all know what happened last time.’ Niall replied flatly

‘Wait,’ I looked at him in shock ‘we all know?’

I looked around at Liam and Zayn, Liam just shrugged but Zayn was smirking at me knowingly.

‘You told them? We agreed not to tell anyone.’ I asked incredulously, I couldn’t believe he’d tell them without speaking to me first.

‘Well I bet you anything you told Harry so what difference does it make.’ Niall replied defensively, shrugging it off as if it was nothing.

I stared at him as that sunk in. I had told Harry I’d betrayed his trust without even thinking about it.

I looked at him apologetically. ‘I’m sorry I should have spoken to you first.’

He smiled up at me shyly making my heart flutter. ‘It’s ok Lou, I didn’t tell you I was going to tell Liam so really we’re both in the wrong.’

I smiled back at him for a moment before something hit me. ‘Wait, you only told Liam, so who told you?’ I asked turning to look at Zayn.

He shrugged ‘I guessed.’

‘You guessed that we slept together?’ I asked in shock ‘How the hell does someone guess that?’

‘Well I knew something had happened so I questioned them about it.’ He pointed to Liam and Harry

‘So which one told you?’

‘Well neither actually said what happened but with the bits and pieces I got out of both of them it wasn’t hard to put one and one together.’ Zayn smiled smugly.

I sighed in defeat. Trust Zayn to know everything even when he wasn’t actually told anything. All the fans took him to be the quiet one. In interviews he never says much and almost seems like he’s completely zoned out but the truth was he was listening and watching everything, nothing gets past Zayn.

‘Ok now that that’s sorted and we’ve all established that we are now all in on the joke and therefor can happily ridicule you in front of the others, let’s go get some drinks.’ Harry said rubbing his hands together.

I looked over at Niall who was blushing furiously and biting his lip again. Zayn clapped him on the back before both he and Liam followed Harry over the bar. Niall looked up at me, shifting his weight from one foot to the other.

He opened his mouth to say something when Harry called me. ‘Louis get over here, I need my wing man.’

I looked apologetically at Niall, who still looked like he wanted to say something, before turning and walking over to where Harry stood at the bar with a couple of beers. Niall followed me and joined Zayn and Liam who stood within hearing distance of Harry and I.

‘Which one are you going after this time mate?’ I asked, looking around at the girls in the club which at this point in time were all still relatively sober.