Chapter Twenty-Eight

*Niall’s POV*

We spent most of the next day in the studio fiddling around with the new song, I knew a fair few of them already because I helped write almost all of them but we hadn’t decided who was singing what or our harmonies or what instruments we were going to put into each song.

Recording time’s not as rushed as touring is, because there’s no traveling and we stay at the same place, so we do get a fair bit of time to ourselves not that we got to go many places, we spent most of our free time in our hotel room mucking around with our harmonies and learning our parts.

A couple of days into our trip I was sitting in our lounge room on one of the couches strumming on my guitar when Louis and Harry came in after being somewhere or other.

‘Hey Nialler.’ Louis sounded happy to see me which was nice, though he might just have been in a good mood.

‘Hey Lou, hey Hazza.’ I said watching them as the dropped into couches around me.

‘What you playing?’ Harry asked looking at my guitar curiously.

‘I’m trying to figure out my part Little Things, I’ve got most of it but I can’t figure out if I’m meant to go up or down at the end.’ I replied strumming randomly.

‘Well try both and choose the one which sounds better.’ Harry proposed

‘That’s the problem I have and they both sound ok.’ I replied.

‘Well sing them to us and we’ll tell you which one we think is better.’ Louis instructed.

I shrugged and did as he suggested. I sung over one option and then sung the other, looking up at them when I finished to see their reaction. Louis was staring at me blankly as if he was seeing straight though me, I turned to Harry in confusion.

‘Well, I liked the second one, like because going down made it more, like emotional.’ Harry said slowly. ‘Didn’t it Lou?’ Harry turned to Lou who jerked out of his trance at the sound of his name.

‘Um yeah, the second one, defiantly.’ He rushed before standing up suddenly and saying ‘I’ll be back, I’m just going to the toilet.’

I looked at Harry in confusion and he gave me the exact same look back.

‘What’s go into him?’ I asked staring after him.

‘I have no idea.’ Harry replied before shaking his head. ‘So Niall you got your eye on anyone lately?’

I blushed and looked down; normally when Harry talks like that it wouldn’t bother me except now the answer to his question was his best friend who was emptying his bladder in the next room as we speak.

‘Oh my God you do! Spill! Who are they? Do I know them? What are they like?’ Harry fired questions at me.

‘Well um…’ Harry hadn’t directly questioned me about this before, which was the reason I’d gone so long without anyone finding out. As I’ve said before, I’m terrible at lying!

Louis decided to return at that moment, making everything worst.

‘What you talking about?’ He asked as he dropped into the seat next to me.

‘Niall’s just about to tell me who he’s crushing on.’ Harry replied not taking his eyes off me.

Louis looked surprised, then slightly hurt before it turned to a look of interest. ‘Who’s the guy?’

‘Guy?’ Harry asked in confusion.

Louis’ hand flew up to clap over his mouth. ‘Oh my God! Niall I’m so sorry, I didn’t think!’ He gushed, looking at me with pleading eyes.