P A R T 2 | Chapter 21

I know it's easier to run.
After everything I've done.
You were good to me.

◾️

Once we reached my home we were immediately rushed inside by the bodyguard in case anyone followed us.

It felt like secret service. Hell. Probably better. We were being protected more than the president.

Upon stepping into my parents' place they jolted on their feet, Utterly surprised that Tom was there. In the flesh. After holding so much anger towards him.

Which I don't blame them. That's the role a parent plays. Whether their child is wrong or right, they stand by them. Or at least that's how my parents have always been.

In the living room, my parents and Stephen were already waiting for me.

Jeff gave Tom and I our space and decided to wait in the vehicle He and Tom were in. Meaning Tom shouldn't take long before Jeff passes out from heat stroke or something.

There was an awkward silence as predicted. "Okay, I'll start" Stephen said standing up from the couch.

He began to walk towards Tom with an offering hand. Tom smiled then shook his hand. I couldn't help but smile at Stephen's humbleness. However, Stephen avoided eye contact with me. Something I'd like to ask him about in private later.

"As you know it is hard for us to see you in Person, Mr Hiddleston" my father spoke.

Tom nodded, "Rightfully so" he spoke.

"We love you very much because our daughter does. But you will have to realize that it will be hard to trust you because we saw our daughter go through hell over what happened" my mother said quietly but loud enough for us all to hear.

Tom turned to me momentarily but my eyes remained focused on the ground.

"I don't blame you. I will never blame you. I know I would have reacted the same way, you are her parents, you will always defend her. What I did is unforgivable, whether I did it for the wrong or right reasons" Tom shook his head.

"If I may"

All our heads turned to Stephen, he stood there ready to continue his input.

"If it wasn't for Tom. I would have never met Colin. And if it wasn't for what he said, she wouldn't be the star she is now. She would have been a star in different ways, but underground. In some ways, this whole situation made Colin into who she was meant to be. Minus the negative parts that came with having to hide your identity" Stephen said as he still avoided eye contact with me.

"He's right" I spoke, having the attention to me now.

I turned to Tom. "I couldn't show my face when the news let out. I had a glass bottle thrown at my bare face. I had to get surgery. Plastic surgery that I thought I would never get. But if it wasn't for that I wouldn't be Phoenix. And I love the life I'm living now. Frankly yes I loved working with my father and doing what I trained to do with him since I was young. But I can't complain about what I have now" I said then turned to my parents.

My father sighed, "How Can we be so sure something like this won't ever happen again?"

My mother nodded along with my father as he spoke.

"I can assure you I will not be doing anything like that again. But I can't promise that others can make up allegations, rumors, gossip about her. But I can promise you that I will protect her nonetheless. It's the least I can do after what I've done" Thomas spoke.

"I don't mean to compare but, with the Tommy boy the rumors with my Colin were positive but the opposite with you.. do we expect that to change even if she isn't Colin?"

Tommy. I ignored the rest of what my mother said because my heart dropped at the mention of Tommy.

"I'll be right back" I said to everyone as I ran up the stairs, then pulled out my phone and walked into my bedroom.

I clicked on Tommy's contact then pushed the phone against my ear.He did answer fairly quickly.

"Hey, you" he said into the phone.

"Hey you" I practically whispered, happy to hear his voice.

"How's It going with your family?" He asked me.

"Everything is great, thank you" I said then bit my lip because of what was to come.

"How about with Tom? I saw some of the shots from the beach you were at with him" he said sounding very happy.

"Nothing too serious. At this point is taking it one day at a time" I said to him pacing around in my bedroom.

"Well you looked happy, so you saying nothing is serious is ironic considering it is. I'm happy for you. And I'm happy for him. That's all I could ever want for you. You were good to me" he said causing me to tear up.

"I love you, Tommy" I chuckled.

He chuckled as well "I love you too... Misty" he spoke.

My heart twang in pain for a split second, "I'll talk to you later" I said to him.

"I'll be here" he said with a small laugh afterwards.

"I know" I whispered then removed the phone from my ear to hang up.

I sighed then went to the edge of my bed and sat down.

"Knock knock"

I turned my head towards my door to see Stephen.

"Hey" I smiled.

"I didn't know if this was a good time-"

"Just come in" i rolled my eyes playfully.

He stood there for a second then made his way towards me. Stephen sat down on the bed besides me but not too close. He was keeping his distance for his own reasons.

"You're missing him" he spoke.

"Yeah. Of course I miss him. He was the sweetest thing I've ever met" I chuckled.

He chuckled slightly "I don't blame you" he nodded.

"It's hard you know, but... it's just-"

"You didn't love him the way he loves you" Stephen finished my sentence.

"Yeah" i sighed

He shifted on the bed slightly "Just how it is with my situation"

I turned to him "what do you mean?" He still wouldn't look at me.

"That your heart was too set on Tall Tom to even consider opening your heart for either one of us resorts" he let out a small chuckle.

"I love you both either way"

"But In different ways" Stephen finally looked up at me. I nodded looking into his sad expressing eyes.

I looked down at my hand that rested on the bed besides me.

"It's okay" Stephen placed his hand over mine, rubbing it genuinely, comfortingly.