Chapter 68

"What are you doing? Where are you taking me? You know you are hurting my wrist. Let go!" I tried to figure out what's going on here, but the 4th Prince didn't stop and continued to drag me with an aggressive force. My forehead crinkled in pain as he was literally suffocating my wrist. We arrived in my room and he finally let go of my wrist as I rub my red wrist. "What's wrong with you?" I said confused.

"What's wrong with ME! You HUG the 3rd Prince!" He said outrageously.

"So? He needs someone...," I try to finish, but the 4th Prince cut me off.

"SO! What are you guys back together AGAIN? HUH!" he was saying things that I didn't even understand about. "Did you use me like the old person!" He shouted as I was completely confused.

"What are you talking about? Together? Old person?" I said, trying to calculate what was going on.

"Do you think I didn't know that you two have a thing before chasing after me! Because you didn't want to be married to a concubine's Son." he was accusing me of things I don't even know until today as my temper was boiling. "You just want a better rank by using me," he still was ranting on.

*SLAP* "Okay, jerk. I don't know what's going on and what are you saying!" I said as he was about to cut me off, but I continued. "AND at least you have people who want you and have a rank. And what about him? He has no one because he's the 'Concubine's son' that is labeled to him for eternity and even his mother doesn't want him,"

"But now he has you. Am I right!" he cut me off again.

" Idiot! I have you to love." I unconsciously said which I wish I didn't say. As he rushes over to me and grabs both of my cheeks, he leans in as our lips roughly touch each other.

Finally, he released me as I was breathing heavily. "So you don't like him?" he said like a kid.

"Oh my goodness, no. I just think of him as a friend," I said and we heard a loud bang from a distance.

A few minutes later, the 4th Prince finally settled down and saw the bag of mooncakes on the table. "So where's mine, huh? I saw you giving everyone one," he said, looking at me as I was trying not to look at him.

Oops, I forgot about him. Yikes... the last one was for me...
"Oh yeah, about that... I forgot about you. This one's for me," I said like a mouse.

"Oh I see," he said and smiled. I look at him with suspicion as he quickly grabs the bag of the last mooncake and pulls out the last mooncake in his hand.
"HEY!" I said and tried to grab it away from him. "It's mine!" I whine.

"Fine." He stopped and placed the mooncake in my mouth as I bit into it, then he bit the opposite side of the mooncake. We look into each other and at that moment, he pulls out something and places it in my hair. I pulled back and grumbling looked at him. He chuckled, "What? You don't want you mooncake anymore?" He had it in his hand as I gave him the evil eyes. I reach to touch my hair to find round beads attached to a solid line. I pull it out to see a beautiful hairpin in my hand. It was made out of gold and a gold wire that is formed into a flower along with purple beads dangling down.
"Happy mid-autumn day," he said as I was taken back a bit and my heart started to flutter.

"Um... Thank... you," I said, becoming shy.
Then the 4th Prince leaned forwards and whispered in my right ear, "You are cute." I felt my face burning up and my body quickly withdraw back. "What's the matter?" he teases me and once again lean forwards.

"Not this time," I said and used my pointer finger to push his forehead back. Soon a cooling breeze enters the room by the open window and I look out to see the moon all alone in the dark night. At that moment, my face died and started to recall that winter is coming and it's almost time for me to leave.
"Umm...," my voice cracked and I didn't look at him, but played with the hairpin.

As he spoke first, " I know." And I could feel his eyes staring at me deeply.

"Wait. What?" I said, looking up at him in shock. "Y-you know? But... how?" I was lost out of words.

"About that... umm... I found out when I put some alcohol in your tea... that day," he mumbled and each thing became clearer to me as memories came rushing back.
I covered my mouth and nearly shouted, "I knew it! Something was wrong that day!" I point my finger at him. "How could you do that!" I said.

"Alright. Alright. I apologize," He meant it.

"Fine. I'll let you off," I squint my eyes.

Once again he teased me, "But what if I don't want you to let me off."

"Ugh," I playfully rolled my eyes and I took a deep breath. "But... you know we can't be together..... we are like the sun and the moon that can never be in the same world," I said and we both looked at each other deeply. "I'm like that hot temper sun and you are the cold-hearted moon that can't be in the same place," I said and clasp my hands together. "I'm sorry, but I think it's best if you leave," I said and pushed him out.