Chapter 13

"Greeting, 4th Prince" Lin bowed 90 degree.
He walk up to me and sat down.

"Lin, can you bring another tea cup" I said and Lin left.

"What do you want?" I broke into a my rude ways.
He was silents and I took a sip of my tea.

"If you don't have anything to say. Please leav-'' I was cut off.

"I was just passing by" he said and Lin arrive back with a tea cup.

Lin then pour the jasmine tea into the tea cup and hand it to him. He raise the cup up and sniff the scent of the tea.
"What's in here?" he ask as he lightly took a sip of it.

"It's Chinese jasmine" I constantly took a sips of the tea.

"Did you made this?" He said.

"Well, kind of but not really. It's just dried up Chinese jasmine's petal in the tea pot." I said.

Lin pour me some more tea and we sat there in silence as the wind pick up once again.
I set my tea cup down and looked at him to see his smooth fair skin clearly with his sharp eye. In the corner of my eye, there I saw Consort Qingyuan and the other concubines passing by and they soon looked directly towards us.
Crap.
I thought quickly and spoke "If you don't have anything else please leave. I don't want other people to think the wrong way-" I once again got cut off by him.

"So I guess you don't have the guts " he said seem to mock. "I underestimated you" he continue to step down on me.

*Splash* as water droplet dripped off his face with my hand clenching onto the tiny tea cup after I finish splashing him with the warm tea, that I left on the table to cool, into his face. Meanwhile, Lin screech in shocked; I abruptly stood up and he used his sleeves to pat his face off dry.

"Don't underestimate me. I have my own reasons," I said and look at Lin.
"I have lost my enjoyment of drinking tea. I advise you to leave my court." I directly spoke to him in harsh way and set my tea cup down onto the table as I left the gazebo and into the room.

Once I enter my room, I tried to calm myself down by took deep breath with my hands were round like a ball. I continually clenching my fist tighter as my nails dig into my palm. I took a deep exhale to feel more relaxed. Then the doors was open, I turn thinking it was Lin coming in to help me cool down, but there I see that annoying tall young man by my doorway. Nonetheless, all my anger came rushing back.

"Didn't I tell you to leave my court yard!" I bark.

"How dare you speak to me that way. Aren't you afraid of what I might-" he tired to finish, but I cut him off this time.

"Do what. . . divorce me. Let's divorce then" I said not afraid.
He looked at me astonish that I was not afraid of him or not wanting to being royal.

At that moment, his eyes smirk that sends out a not so good feeling which made my spine shivered.
"Or being punish. . or in prison, or even death" he said deadly and taking each step forwards towards me.

Ahh. . . ummm. . ..
I was silent and subconsciously stepping backwards. There I picture myself being beaten to death or put behind solid dirty metal bars or even. . . losing my head as my fingers wrap around my neck.

I clear my throat and quickly shrug off the feeling.
Well, what's the point. I don't have anything to live for anyways and even maybe if I die in this era, I could possibly return back to my era- just like those drama.

I clear my throat once again, "Do you think that will scare me?"

He step even closer to me and I continue to slowly back off.

"What are you doing?" I question with my voice slowly raising higher.

Soon, the door burst open and Lin came running in, but stop halfway and quickly turn her back against us.
"Sorry," Lin said embarrass.

"NO! It's not like that!" I said frantic.
"What's wrong?" I ask Lin.

Once Lin was about to speak, there enter Consort Qingyuan along with her personal maids and some of the concubine as they walk towards us and gave me a unpleasant stare.
Just great! More drama. . .
I pull up a fake smile.
"Greeting Consort Qingyuan. What brings you here?" I question sarcastically.

"I was passing by and I just wondering if you would love to join me on my morning walks tomorrow?" said Consort Qingyuan in her nice fake manner, which was an act.

"I will love too," I played along as well.

In the tiny room, it was filled with complete silent and tension that I could no longer bare it and broken the tension.
"If anyone has nothing else to say, I would love for you all to leave my court." I said nicely yet straightforward.

Soon, it all cleared out with no one in my court expect for Lin and I.
"Ugh," I complaint softy with my head dropping in exhaustion.

"Are you okay, my lady?" Lin said worried.

"Yeah, just so much drama" I was stressed out.

"Do you want take a stroll for to relax you and get some fresh air" Lin suggested an idea.

"Good idea, Lin. Let's go on a stroll" I declare and we left my court.

We stroll along the pathway that goes around the palace. It was very peaceful and beautiful to see traditional Chinese architecture, that made my head less stress.

"Oh, my lady. I forgot to tell you that the 4th Prince has bought you your new bed and pillow. I must set it for you tonight." said Lin.

"Oh okay, go on ahead. I'll still like to continue on walking around." I said.

"Yes, my lady. However, remember to take the slanted pathway instead of the straight pathway. Once you reach the big willow tree, because the slanted pathway will take you back to your court." Lin said before she left.

"Okay, I will. Thanks, " I shouted before I continue to go on my way.

Okay, slanted. Don't want to get lost again.
I repeat that over and over my head to memorize it.
I continue on strolling along in a steady pace to release all my stress away and bring in fresh air.
Ahhh, it's so peaceful. It's sure a lovely day to go on a stroll. It's a shiny sun day. Oh, look at this big beautiful willow tree. Wait, willow tree!
I snap out of my thoughts and redirected my attention to path; however, there I only see one trail going straight.
Huh, I thought there suppose to be two pathways? Maybe, I'm not there yet?

I continue on the straight pathway, that leads to more trees. I kept the look out for the big willow tree; I scan around to see trees -that was not willow trees- and wild flowers. Something then caught my eye in the sun light as it hitting a particular tree that had round orange balls; it gleamed in the sun light. I walk toward the tree to find oranges hanging on branches. I reach my hands into the tree and I puck two oranges as soon I heard a man clearing his throat; I stop and looked around to see where the noise was coming from.