Chapter 5

Great, I'm going to die in this era or.... will I go home?
I tightly squeezed my eyes shut.

* plop*
"Brother Ying Yan!" shout the little boy.

I slowly open one of my eye to see myself wrap in someone arms. I then open both my eyes to see a handsome young man with soft eyes and a sweet smile.

Wow... he so handsome in this light.
As he's fair skin glow in the light and beautiful eyes shines while my mouth drop in "awwwww"

The man slowly set me down to the ground and I dust myself off.
"2nd Prince," said Lin and bowed.

"Thank you," I said and bow my head.

"You ripped my kite." Said the little boy, which he ruin the moment- of romantic in the atmosphere.

I draw my attention to the kite to see a hole punch through the kite.
"It was from the tree's branches" I said.

"I don't believe you." he whine.
Oh man this little boy is very......

"Ying Ah." the young man said softly trying to make the little boy behave.

"Fine, I'll fix your kite, but you have to buy the most beautiful and most expensive kite for me." I said making a deal.

"Why should I, the 5th prince." He said trying to act tough like man.

"Yes, you are the 5th prince, so why are you afraid to make this deal with me once again?" I said smiling evilly.

He pout his lips.
"Fine, if you could fix my kite." He said.

"Okay," I said smirking. "Please excuse me." I said as I walk away with the kite and Lin bow to the princes and follow behind me.

"Wait, who are you......?" said 2nd prince, Ying Yan, but it was too late.

I was back in my little court.
"My lady, you clothes are all ruined and your arm and face have scratches. Let me bring you some medicine before it leave marks." said Lin while she disappeared.

I went into my room and sat down and examining the kite.
"Lin?" I called.

"Yes, my lady?" she said and come running over.

"Do you guys have glue?" I said slowly and hoping.

"Glue?" She said confused.

"Yeah?" I said.

" What's that?" She said.

"Ummm, it's like a sticky substance that makes things stick to together." I reply.
She thought for a while as her four head crinkled.

"Never mind. What about honey? Do you guys have honey?" I ask.

"Honey.. umm... no" she said still confused.
Hmmm, where can I find something that's sticky. Well, honey can work, but they don't have any. Where can I find some?

I crinkled my four head.
The place with all that trees.
I got up and I hurried out.

"Where are you going, my lady?" said Lin. She set down the box of medicine and chase after me.

I quickly rush to that place and scan around trying to find a bee hive.

There I see a bee hive as bees swap around the hive.
How can I get to the honey and not get sting? Hmmmm?
I thought for a while.
Oh, I got it...... Bee smoker!

I scrambled around the woods while Lin followed me -with a heavy heart. I bent down and started pulling pieces of blades of grass. Then I started picking dead twigs and bark from the tree.

"Lady Liling, what are these things for?" ask Lin.

"You will see." I said. Then I head back.
Leading to my room, there wooden steps and along with a wooden walkway around the rooms. Somewhat like a porch.

"Lin, can you give some paper?" I said.

"Yes," Said Lin as she quickly left.

I step up to the porch as I crouch to the edge of the porch. Lin return and I grab the long sheet of papers from her. I place the long sheet of paper on the wooden porch as I lay every twig, bark, and blade of grass on the sheet of paper.
Ok just have to wait for it to dry up. Before I use it but now I need something to blow smoke at the bees like the bee smoker?
I thought, hmmm where can I find something like that?

"Lin, let's go to market?" I said.

"But...my lady your wounds and the 4th prince...." she said worried and set me down.

"Fine, I let you treat my wound, but we have go to the market." I said. Lin open the box of medicine and dip a cloth with one of the bottles.

"But..... the 4th prince......"she said worried and press the cloth onto my skin.

"What about the 4th prince?" I said not caring.

"You have to get permission from the 4th prince to let you go out." said Lin.

"Permission? He doesn't own me!" I said.

"But you're his concubine" she said and finish.

"Yeah but I'm still a human being!" I said while I was going to erupted.

"Let's go." I said and got up.

"My lady, let's change your clothes at least." she said anxiety.

I look down at my clothes to see rips and tiny twigs and leafs and dirty.
"Fine, but make it quick." I said.

Lin drag me along and she started undressing me. I stood there waiting, but she took her time. I give up on waiting as I moved my hand towards my body and quickly took off the dress. Then I grab the new clothes and put it on me.
I finally finish dressing as we head out to the big gates. It was two big red door that spilt open which there were two guards. Once I step foot on the entrance, the two guards block me.

"Excuse me," I said.

"Sorry concubine Liling, but you didn't get any permission from the 4th prince to leave the palace." said one of the guard.

"Yes, he did. He probably forgot to tell you guys." I lied.

"I'm sorry, concubine Liling but we can't let you through." said the same guard.

I gave them a sour look and I turn to leave.
"Come on Lin, let's go." I said.

I looked around the palace to find something that stands out for me to escape this place. There I see a gigantic cherry blossoms tree at the corner of walls of the palace. It's branch was thick and long that grew over the wall and seem very climbable.
I smirk as my eyebrows raise up and down. I walk closely to the tree.