I raised a brow, shifting uncomfortably. There was just something about the way she called him name... Something I don't think I like very much. "I don't understand." I answered.

She intertwined her fingers on the table. "Remember the time you asked me if I was still in love with him? Back at the changing room at YD?"

I don't like where this is going.

"Yeah? What about it?" I tried to sound as casual as possible, but I knew I would explode... Soon.

"Well... I am."

My heart jumped in my chest. Did she just admit to be in love with El?

"What?" I asked, wanting to be sure.

"I know Fay, I thought I could get over him, I thought that I could just forget him and move on, but- when we kissed yesterday, I realized-"

"Hold on a minute- you what?" I sat up straight now.

She sighed. "He didn't tell you?" She asked.

No... No...this can't be happening... Elroy wouldn't- he wouldn't do this to me.

"Before the pre merge program, I went to wish him good luck on his anticipated win, and then we started talking and- and one thing led to another, I kissed him."

"What?" My voice came out quiet this time, due to the rough squeeze my heart gave.

"Listen Fay, I know kissing him was like, me crossing a boundary that I shouldn't have. But you have to understand that I couldn't hold it in, and when he kissed me back I-"

"He kissed you back?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes, Fay. I know that he still loves me and I- I know that he's only holding himself back because of- well because of you... I just called to beg you to- to just break up with him, so we could be together. I love him so much Fay, and I know that he loves me too."

"Are you kidding me?" My voice broke. "I don't believe you... Elroy would never do that to me. No- you're only making this up to create problems for us, and why? I don't know."

She half smiled. "You trust him that much?"

"Yes." I said, meaning every word.

He would have told me, even if it did happen, he wouldn't keep such a thing from me... And why would he even do it in the first place?

I thought he said he liked me? I thought- no... No... Don't Just jump into conclusions, that's not gonna help. It has never helped.

"I know you both are on the verge of breaking up anyway, so why don't you just save yourself the stress of dragging it on? You don't know El like I do. He loves me Fay, he's only keeping you with him because he has to, not because he wants to."

"And he told you this?" I asked.

"No." She sighed before completing her sentence. "But he didn't have to say it."

I gulped, trying to stop my withheld tears from dropping. What if she was right?

No, she can't be right. She has to be lying to me.

"I pressume you still don't believe me." She said. "It's fine, you can go ask him. Ask him to confirm everything I just said to you. Ask him." She grabbed her purse. "I'm only telling you this because I like you. If you were someone else, I wouldn't have bothered because I know I have more chance with El than you ever did. I just don't want you to keep wasting your time on him." She stood up.

"Just think about it. Hard." She said finally, before walking away.

I sat there, fighting the urge to cry my eyes out.