"I'm saying you should find time to see your parents." I answered.

"I don't wanna talk about this." He said, picking another pancake.

"El-"

"I don't wanna talk about it." He said, stretching his every word.

I sighed. "Then some other time?"

"Ever." He replied, taking a bite of the pancake. "This is good." He said with his mouth full.

"Thanks." I muttered, my mood deflating.

His eyes were still on me the whole time while I took small bites into the pancake in my hand.

I heard him sigh. "Fine... I'll check my schedule. If I have work then, and if it isn't that important, I'll reschedule it... Then we can plan the memorial." He said.

My eyes widened, but I decided not to get excited. "I'm sensing a but."

"That's cause there is. If the work is important, I make no promises. I'll have to go."

"Then I hope it isn't important." I said with a smile.

"I hope it is." He muttered.

I rolled my eyes. "Then we have to-" I was cut off by my phone's vibration.

I picked it up from the table, frowning when I saw the caller ID.

I looked up at Elroy to find him focusing on his phone again.

Picking up the call, I pressed the phone to my ear. "Hey, morning." I said.

"Morning Fay... Can we meet today?" She asked, her voice sounding off.

"Today? What time?" I asked, this time, gaining Elroy's attention.

"Like, right now." She said.

"Um... Sure, is everything okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'll text you the address." She said.

"Oh... Okay." I said.

"Alright, see you soon."

"Yeah." I said, hanging up.

"Who was that?" Elroy asked with furrowed brows.

"Yvonne. She wants to meet now... I have to go, it sounded kinda important." I said, standing up.

He paused, his face draining of every color. "What?" I asked with a chuckle.

He gulped. "Why would she want to see you?"

I shrugged. "Probably to discuss somethings about the merge program?"

He nodded. "Okay... Uh... I better get going then." He said.

"Yeah, I'll see you later, I hope."

He replied with an unsteady smile.

Something was off... Way off...

__

"I'm glad you could make it on time." Yvonne said with a smile, as I settled down in the booth of a closed off restaurant, close to Sparks.

"Yeah... It sounded kinda urgent. What's up? Is everything okay?" I asked.

She sighed. "Yeah but- there's something you need to know, Fay. I've tried to just- just hold it in but- I can't any longer."

I furrowed my brows. "What is it?"

She hesitated before speaking.

"It's about El and I." She said.