When he broke the kiss, he smiled. "Thanks babe, I could really use strawberry in my system right now. I feel incomplete without it," he said, moving to take a seat at the mini bar stool, poring himself a glass of the strawberry drink. He took a pancake from the stack of pancakes on the plate, taking a bite. "...is that weird?" He asked with his mouth full, while he chewed, staring at me, waiting for a reply.

I just stared at him, marveling at this new side he showed. "No it's not. You're probably addicted to strawberry." I answered, picking another glass before taking the stool in front of him.

He swallowed, then shrugged. "Whatever, it's the most amazing thing. You know, my mom used grow fresh ones back at the Chesterfield mansion. I would go out and watch her tend to it. She tended to it even more than she tended to me, her own son. I used to hate it, but now... It's the complete opposite." He said, taking another bite of the pancake.

I was about to grab the drink bottle, but he slapped the back of my palm, making me draw back immediately. "Owww!"

"Get your own." He said, his mouth full.

"You can't drink it all." I said with a frown.

"Yes, yes I can." He smiled, taking his phone from his pocket, as he scrolled through whatever he was scrolling through.

I watched him, while taking a bite on a pancake of my own.

He looked at peace, almost as if he wasn't in a hurry to go anywhere, as if he was right where he wanted to be.

I'd never seen him this calm.

His brows were relaxed, his lips held a small smile, while he chewed, drank and scrolled through his phone. Probably Instagram.

I sighed before finally breaking the silence. "El?"

"Hm?" He answered, without looking up.

I gulped, knowing I shouldn't bring this up now, but now's the only chance I have, with the merge program coming up in three days, I had no other time to bring this up. "You know your parents memorial is around the corner right?"

He stopped scrolling, but didn't look up. His whole body grew tense and still. But the reaction passed so quickly, it was hard to tell.

He continued scrolling, picked up his glass of strawberry drink, took a sip, dropped the glass and brought his attention back to his phone, before answering. "Yeah. Why?" His voice came out normal, just like he sounded earlier.

I took in a deep breath, glad that I'd gotten this far. "Well, I wanted you to know that we'd be hosting this year's memorial."

His eyes snapped to mine in a second. "What?" He asked, his eyes a little bit wide.

I braced myself. "Grandma would be really happy if We-"

"I have a business trip to attend during that period." He said, cutting me off.

I sighed. "You've never attended any of their memorials, that's not really nice."

"Who cares?" He asked, trying so hard to remain expressionless, but I knew quite well that he wasn't liking this conversation one bit.

"Everyone. At least, let this year make a difference. Be the one to host it. If you disappear again, people would begin to ask questions."

He sighed, looking away.

"I know it might be difficult for you, but- you owe it to them. Come on El... Let's put a smile on Grandma's face."

His gaze turned to mine now. "So you're saying I should just forget my work and what? Plan a party?"