24: Get Jealous

Of the two of us, it probably isn’t surprising that Ashton is the jealous one. It’s most likely because of the two of us, I’m the one that has to be more accepting of ‘competition’, or so to speak. Being the drummer of a band that’s taking on the world and winning means he’s surrounded by gorgeous fan girls all the time.

    You could say I’ve gotten used to it, and honestly, I’m more jealous of the other boys and their crew for getting to spend more time with him than me.

    There’s really only been once (besides when I met Amanda) that I was actually really jealous of another girl who got to spend time with Ash, and it was that very same weekend Zoë and I visited him in LA. He’d told me they were planning on filming a music video for a song they were thinking of having as their first single before I came, and invited the both of us to come and hang out on set during their second day of filming, so that we could spend time together in between takes.

    When we first arrived on set, Ash was busy filming something, so Michael took us to craft services to get some coffee and explain what was going on.

    “The director is fucking insane!” He whisper-yelled, even after checking the room to make sure we were alone twice.

    Zoë and I laughed, but after noticing the completely serious look on his face, we sobered. I sipped at my coffee, suddenly understanding why everyone we’d seen seemed so on-edge. “Why? What’d he do?”

    “He’s just crazy! We aren’t allowed to drink anything, because then we’d have to pee,” Michael whined. It was then that I noticed that although he’d gotten a coffee for me, and a bottle of juice for Zoë, he hadn’t taken anything for himself. “And he keeps calling me Mitchell, and we have to call him Cornelio, even though his name is Eric. He told Calum to shrink his lips because they were annoying! How can he shrink his lips?”

    The black and white-haired boy was almost in hysterics when he finished, and flung his arms around both Zoë and I for an unexpected hug. Zoë shot me a wide-eyed look - she doesn’t like people touching her her without permission - and awkwardly shuffled out of Michael’s hold.

    “Michael, it’s okay,” I choked out, trying my absolute hardest to not laugh.

    “The crazy girl is really hot, though.”

    I rolled my eyes, and gently tapped his shin with my toe. “You dork.”

    He chuckled, and let go, back to his normal self. “It’s true. But seriously, the director scares the shit out of me. Don’t worry, though. I bet Ash can take him.”

    The three of us stayed (read: hid out) in Craft Services until a tense-looking guy with a headset and a clipboard told Michael he was needed for filming. In that time, Michael explained the premise of the video – the song was Voodoo Doll, and the idea was that some crazed fangirl had somehow managed to get a set of voodoo dolls of the band, and was using them to control the boys. Fairly standard stuff.

     Almost as soon as Michael was gone, Ashton and Luke appeared, both looking like they'd just been airbrushed into existence, aside from their fatigued expressions. My boyfriend pulled a tired but genuine smile when he saw me, wrapped me in a warm hug, and placed a brief peck on my lips. "Hey, Snowflake."

    "Hey, you. What happened? I can’t figure out if you’re supposed to be models or the walking dead."

    "Thanks, Wyn," Luke grumbled sarcastically. He seemed to be rebelling against the 'No Drinks' rule, because he popped open a juice box and squirted it directly into his mouth without a straw. It was gone in three massive gulps, and was quickly replaced by another.