08: Get Loud

Hello yes I'm just here to say there's French in this chapter, and although I've been to Paris and Cap D’Antibes several times to visit my aunt, and should probably be good at speaking the language, I apologize if it's atrocious.

Also, dedicated to irwinsxdimples_... thank-you for voting :)

=X=X=X=X=X=

    The entire ride back home was spent in relative silence, both of my hands in the correct position on the steering wheel as I concentrated on the highway ahead of me. Rain was still coming down in sheets, and even with the windshield wipers going at full tilt, it was still hard for me to see out ahead of us. All of the boys seemed cognizant of that fact, and had all begun to play quietly on their phones, careful not to distract me.

    It was a good thing we'd left when we had, because with the traffic congestion due to the weather on the way home, we were almost late, I think. Immediately after we drove into the hotel's parking garage, I let Calum, Michael, and Luke out, so they could run upstairs to get changed before they headed out to the show.

    Ashton, meanwhile, shook his head, the slight movement sending little droplets of water flying through the air, when Luke urged him to come as well. "I'm going to to stay with Wynter while she parks. I'll be up in a minute, Lukey."

    "Yeah, well hurry. Thanks, Wynter," he smiled at me. He slammed the door shut behind himself, and ran towards the door Michael and Calum had disappeared through moments before.

    I started to protest. "You don't have to –"

    He looked at me through my rear view mirror, a smile evident on his lips. "Yeah, I do. When I take a girl on a date, I make sure I walk her home afterwards. Even if she is only going home for five minutes."

    “Huh?”

    “Huh what?”

    “What do you mean, I’m only going home for five minutes?”

    Ashton looked slightly put out, the generally enthusiastic sparkle in his eyes dulling just enough to let me know that he’s mildly upset about something. “The concert. That was the whole point…” he trailed off for a moment. “Remember? When I asked you for your number in the lobby? I told you I wanted you to come to our next show in Toronto.”

    Honestly, I’d completely forgotten that he’d said that, right up until that moment. Sure, I’d thought about going to the concert in passing, but I hadn’t actually made the effort to buy tickets, since Zoë’s family was going to New York for the week, and Brent was already heading to his parents’ new place in BC (they’d moved from their house in Dover Hills, right across from Winchester’s Junior School campus, at the beginning of the school year, and he’d begged to get to stay in residence, so that he didn’t have to switch schools). They were the only two friends of mine that I ever invited to concerts, because they were my only friends that were totally okay with going to a concert without hearing the band first. I hadn’t either, to be honest, because I’d been planning on asking Ash for his recommendation as to which song I should hear first, and I kept forgetting to ask.

    “Crap. I’m sorry, Ash. I kind of forgot.”

    A nonchalant shrug accompanied his usual beaming smile. “That’s okay. We can always get you in, anyways. Just get changed, and come down to my room so we can bring you with us.”