13: Get Back to You (Part B)

A/N feat. lame, gushy reunion, tutor!Luke, inappropriate Michael, and an oh-so-ironic finish.

=X=X=X=X=X=

    Before I went to bed that night, I received a package with a postmark from Orlando, Florida. Immediately, I knew exactly who it was from, and I ripped it open to find a pair of bangles, one silver, and one gold, wrapped in tissue paper, each with a Disney-themed charm. They slipped easily onto my wrist, joining the rest of the collection. For some reason, the delivery solidified the good feeling I'd been having since our call, and I fell asleep with a smile on my face, which only grew when I woke up to the first good morning text in too long.

     Before lunch that next day, I already had an email in my inbox from someone from Billboard, giving and asking me for details for my flight out on the 18th, only nine days away. Nine days seemed like a lifetime, and I wasn't really even sure of how long that was.

=X=X=X=X=X=

    When I arrive at McCarran International on the day of the awards, I'm greeted by a slightly bored looking guy who can't be ten years older than me. He's my driver, apparently, and he seems thrilled at the fact that I only have my backpack as a carry-on, so we don't have to wait for any luggage. During the car ride, he doesn't bother to try and keep a conversation, but I'm too excited about finally getting to see Ash to let it bother me.

   "I'm supposed to take you to the side door of the main hotel," he tells me in a complete monotone as we approach the MGM Grand, where the event is being held. "When you get to doors, show the security guard the pass I gave you, sign in at the desk, and they'll tell you where to go from there."

    After I sign in, which requires me to show my passport and driver's license, sign a release, and let someone check my backpack for weapons, a tall, friendly-looking girl with a pass similar to my own hanging around her neck appears. With a few brief introductions, we're off.

    It took a few calls over Sage (the girl)'s radio to find out that Ash, Cal, and Luke were all in catering, while Michael was in the hotel's hair salon, most likely getting his hair dyed again.

    'Catering' turns out to be a fairly huge-sized room, filled with tables of people I should probably have been completely awestruck over. But my focus is only on one guy, who caught my eye the moment I walked in behind Sage. He stood up from the table where he was sitting with two of his band mates, and started running towards me through a clear aisle. "Wynny!"

    "Ashton!" I yell back, not caring about whether or not we're making a scene. All that matters is that he's running towards me, looking like a little boy on Christmas. As soon as he's close enough, I literally pounce on him, wrapping my legs around his waist, and my arms around his neck. My face is buried in his neck, breathing in his scent through my nostrils, while he holds me close and does the same. Hot, salty tears of joy are streaming down my cheeks, but I don't even bother to try and stop them.

    Ash pulls his head away from my neck, and I do the same. We stare each other in the eyes for what feels like a small eternity, before his gaze shifts down to my lips. "I missed you," he murmurs, and with that, he presses his lips flush against mine.

    A surge of the usual fizziness winds through my veins, and I tighten my legs around his waist, wanting to keep him as close to me as possible. Always the responsible one of the two of us, Ash pulls away before things can get too intense, and chooses to rest his forehead against mine. "I love you," he breathes, accent seeming even thicker than before.